Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just getting in before Adam. The Relentless V3 manifolds will be shipping next week at £290 looks like a great price

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
Good news fo you guys.. I know mines not the relentless one, but you'll love it all the same.. alot less laggy on the the turbo..

big thumbs up from me...

Get them fitted ASAP, i wanna know how you get on !!! (know mine was pig)

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad you like yours Tony, I'm still in too minds about the Relentless V3, I want one but I know what a hastle it will be to fit so I don't know if I should save up and do the rods & pistons at the same time as the head has to come off anyway. Its knowing when to stop or you end up like Smithy and going 2ltr before you can say Amex that will do nicely sir ;)

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Diveratt said:
Glad you like yours Tony, I'm still in too minds about the Relentless V3, I want one but I know what a hastle it will be to fit so I don't know if I should save up and do the rods & pistons at the same time as the head has to come off anyway. Its knowing when to stop or you end up like Smithy and going 2ltr before you can say Amex that will do nicely sir ;)
Once you start modding there is no end !! i need to take a step back its getting out of control :lol:

·
Registered
13,711 Posts
Ooh! Ooh! £290? Very good price. Which reminds me; must have a look at the TSR work of art tomorrow.

Is it head off, or just cam/rocker cover? Hmm... just checked; head. Damn. :?

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
tonksy26 said:
Pretty certain I shall be getting one, might get round to fitting it around mid sept.
Are you going for rods too ? perfect time if the head is coming off i think you would be
running a risk other wise,,, it will release more power and if you go for mapping
they could tame the torque down ... unless your lucky and got rods like tonys :lol:

if you did reduce the torque down to save rods surely this is missing the point
of fitting the manifold to get the most out of it ?

personally go for rods dont run the risk and then you could spank that k04 to death :wink:
and have peace of mind

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have to agree with Smithy on this one. Going for the stage 2+ element and not having the insurance of rod is a bit of a short cut. I know a lot of people will say you can map for lower torque figures but for me that would always be at the back of my mind.

There is quite a good rods package on the Relentless FB site so it seems foolish not to.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
tonksy26 said:
Yeah, rods, clutch, manifold and probably a few other bits and pieces whilst I'm at it. Big job cracking out I think.
Good move tonksy my rods cost £330 from TSR what is a pretty good price its suggested
to get rifle drilled really but people have been using no drilled for years so how many
people suffer with small end knock i dont know... i geuss i,ll find out myself :lol:

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
TT SMITHY said:
tonksy26 said:
Yeah, rods, clutch, manifold and probably a few other bits and pieces whilst I'm at it. Big job cracking out I think.
Good move tonksy my rods cost £330 from TSR what is a pretty good price its suggested
to get rifle drilled really but people have been using no drilled for years so how many
people suffer with small end knock i dont know... i geuss i,ll find out myself :lol:
MattB suffered small end knock because his rods was not drilled,he is having his new rods drilled

·
Registered
196 Posts
Guys, give your opinions!

I'm getting my K04 hybrid installed on next weekend, should I order V3 Relentless manifold and fit it same time with hybrid? I'm kinda suspicious how long that mani will last, even when I do have that support bracket for turbo. I'm not keen on removing head every now and then :/

It's just so tempting, having tubular mani and hybrid same time... [smiley=bigcry.gif]

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Matzu said:

I'm getting my K04 hybrid installed on next weekend, should I order V3 Relentless manifold and fit it same time with hybrid? I'm kinda suspicious how long that mani will last, even when I do have that support bracket for turbo. I'm not keen on removing head every now and then :/

It's just so tempting, having tubular mani and hybrid same time... [smiley=bigcry.gif]
this could be an option if you quick http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-8t-audi-s3- ... 6rk%3D4%26

if you want the most out of your hybrid you got to go for a higher flowing manifold
if you go for a jbs its probably worth getting the collector ported

·
Registered
196 Posts
TT SMITHY said:
Matzu said:

this could be an option if you quick http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-8t-audi-s3- ... 6rk%3D4%26

if you want the most out of your hybrid you got to go for a higher flowing manifold
Nice find smithy!

After reading all those posts about JBS "high" flow manifold Im not going to buy it, I could port my oem manifold also, guess it would do the trick too? And save me that 320...

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
From reading the spec the new V3 manifold is a much better product than the originals or the Mk2 I think if you fitting a Hyrid its worth a punt to get the best out of the mod, I'm not convinced on the cast ones. A TSR mani would be the RR choice but its £500 more :(.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Matzu said:
TT SMITHY said:
Matzu said:

Nice find smithy!

After reading all those posts about JBS "high" flow manifold Im not going to buy it, I could port my oem manifold also, guess it would do the trick too? And save me that 320...
Porting a stock manifold has been done i dont think it gave any gains as such
the jbs has larger runners its just the collector what would need porting

spec of the v3 has supposed to be improved but time will tell if there are
any issues ? good price manifold but you would lose that in labour if
you had to replace it for whatever reason its still early days so will be
interesting how it holds up

·
Registered
196 Posts
Gosh, Im taking the risk and ordering V3... I'll leave my oem for backup. In Sam's opinion you can fit V3 without removing head as it has much more space around bolts. I also managed to install ATP cast manifold with head on with using modified bent spanners, guess same trick works for this too. Will let you guys know how it went when I get to install it.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts