Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to remove t30 screws, obviously I've tried using a t30 tool but the screws seem to be in so tight I'm rounding off the tool.

I'm trying to remove my wings and I'm left with just 5 screws holding the wing on but they won't budge at all. I'm left with thinking I've going to have to drill them out and then re tap them!!

Mike

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
Buy some decent T30 bits not made of plasticine (Snap-on get my vote, but if they are from a professional range guaranteed for life, then they should be up to the job).

Make sure the bolts have a good soaking in WD40

G

·
You could try the method I used to remove the security Torx bolts on the MAF sensor housing. I cut a slot in the head with a junior hacksaw blade and used a Boots nail file (i.e. any flat 1-2 mm mm bit of steel) to unscrew them. Worked a treat.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
triplefan said:
Buy some decent T30 bits not made of plasticine (Snap-on get my vote, but if they are from a professional range guaranteed for life, then they should be up to the job).

Make sure the bolts have a good soaking in WD40
Bought some descent ones and what a difference they make. Got them for life now!!

Cheers for the reply

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
Glad to be of help :p

Not only will the tools do the job, but give you pleasure every time you use them. OK, I was earning a living with them, which may be a bit overkill for some, but they are a joy to use and will last a lifetime.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.