Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, just saw 'Samsam' has fitted a racing steering wheel with no airbag, is this now an MOT failure if original steering wheel was fitted with one............Thanks... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so maybe their not illegal, anyone else know for sure??

·
Registered
138 Posts
To be honest it really could be totally dependent on where you take it and what side of the bed the person doing the MOT woke up on.

I took the 180 to a service station where I waited in the garage with the guy while he was doing it. It failed the first time on some other things but I took it back after fixing stuff and he did the re-test for free.

That was at a testing station only.

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,372 Posts
Hi, I wonder what Insurance Co. would make of it, if informed, no air bag fitted.
Hoggy. :D

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kazinak said:
Hoggy said:
Hi, I wonder what Insurance Co. would make of it, if informed, no air bag fitted.
Hoggy. :D
they should be happy, no airbag = less chance to survive after crash , so no one is going to claim :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: classic Kaz...he's sharp tonight ladies [smiley=smash.gif]

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Went to an MOT station today and enquired about the legality of replacing the OEM airbag steering wheel with a race type one with no airbag, totally legal, not a problem as far as the MOT test is concerned, well that's one misconception that I was under cleared up.... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts