Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

What are my options with a replacement key? I don't mind if it's not a genuine one or if it doesn't have the remote on it. As long as it opens the doors and starts the car that's fine. Any advice on where I should go and what's a good price?

Thanks

·
Registered
31,066 Posts
keys need to be coded/paired to the dashpod in order to work correctly.
you can only have 3 pairings, so if you've lost one, or have one missing you should do something about it (you can check via the DIS the number of keys paired)

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
I got a plastic valet key when I cunningly locked my keys in the boot of my Mark 1 Roadster!! This cost about £40 and was fine for unlocking the car and boot release lock. However don't know if its intended for ignition use. As an emergency spare its certainly good for accessing the car but obviously not a a main key. :)

·
Registered
31,066 Posts
yep, you should get 2 real keys and a wallet key.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Basingstoke Audi wanted £200 for a replacement key, Timpsons offer the same service for £175.

I tried an alternative of buying a replacement key fob off ebay with blank key, sadly none of the key cutters would cut the key as it's 'against company policy' so I got fed up, and not wanting to spend £200 on a new one I just need to live with the one and be careful not to lose it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts