Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Steve, thought as much but wanted to check there wasn't any little fitments I may have missed and broken! Managed to get a set of used door rubbers for £10 which were in excellent condition, really only need to replace the driver side.

·
Registered
83,928 Posts
Just out of interest why are you replacing them ?

·
Registered
18,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The drivers side where the window meets the door pillar is perished, has quite a few small holes in it, all round the window seal has seen better days, driver side only!

·
Registered
18,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had a quick look at the rubbers on the car this evening as I planned to swap the rubbers over tomorrow, looks like it may be glued around the quarter windows? Does anyone know if this is the case?

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
gogs said:
Are they glued all round Garth or just at the window? Any idea what glue would be suitable?
They're just glued at strategic points. You'll find out where as you start to remove them. I imagine some form of window sealant would work, but I'm not sure what's on as standard

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
Use black glue/sealant for obvious reasons............ [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Replaced mine with new ones, the "glue" is actually a double sided tape and runs the full side of the rear quarter light. Advice that was given to me was to ensure that the seals were given plenty of silicon lube before fitting and leave for a few hours to plump them up.

·
Registered
18,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Baalthazaar said:
Replaced mine with new ones, the "glue" is actually a double sided tape and runs the full side of the rear quarter light. Advice that was given to me was to ensure that the seals were given plenty of silicon lube before fitting and leave for a few hours to plump them up.
I got my rubbers second hand, in far better condition than my ones, I will ensure they are given a plump up, I wonder if it's a certain kind of double sided tape

We're they easy enough to fit?

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Small struggle to be honest, best to remove the pillar covers on the inside first and just persevere until it sits right, especially in the area where the a pillar meets the hinge panel. The double sided tape was obviously part of mine but its nothing special one of the 3m flexible bodywork waterproof ones ought to do it nicely.

·
Registered
18,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Baalthazaar said:
Small struggle to be honest, best to remove the pillar covers on the inside first and just persevere until it sits right, especially in the area where the a pillar meets the hinge panel. The double sided tape was obviously part of mine but its nothing special one of the 3m flexible bodywork waterproof ones ought to do it nicely.
Thanks mate, are these pillar covers easy to remove?

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Like all things Audi a pain in the arse cos the clips that hold them in are so strong but the plastic that holds them not so strong......just be careful and have some epoxy standing by to repair the one or two that will break...As an aside the A pillar cover actually tucks behind the b pillar cover so ease the edge of that one off before you try to take out the a pillar.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts