Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
i've got a new spoiler/lower bumper section coming through the post today and was just wondering how easy it is to replace? ITs like the Audi version that the TT shop have on special offer.
Do you have to remove the whole front bumper or can you just unbolt the lower section?

Thanks
Scott

·
Registered
84,232 Posts
I think most of them are just stuck on over the old lower section

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
ScottyP said:
Hi,
i've got a new spoiler/lower bumper section coming through the post today and was just wondering how easy it is to replace? ITs like the Audi version that the TT shop have on special offer.
Do you have to remove the whole front bumper or can you just unbolt the lower section?
Thanks
Scott
The front bumper is 1 piece.

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
ScottyP said:
Hi,
Thanks
Scott

as Yellow said, these types of bumper sections bond onver the top of the original bumper. Make sure the bodyshop does not get any adhesive on the front wings :!: makes it very difficult to remove the bumper if this happens.

·
Registered
84,232 Posts
was said:
ScottyP said:
Hi,
Thanks
Scott

as Yellow said, these types of bumper sections bond onver the top of the original bumper. Make sure the bodyshop does not get any adhesive on the front wings :!: makes it very difficult to remove the bumper if this happens.
:lol: I wonder how you would know this Was

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
woah! adhesive :?
Sounds a bit of a bodge, is it possible to attach the replacement section with bolts? don't want it coming off at 70mph on the motorway!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
ScottyP said:
woah! adhesive :?
Sounds a bit of a bodge, is it possible to attach the replacement section with bolts? don't want it coming off at 70mph on the motorway!
Thats why you should use a decent bodyshop & high quality adhesive. :wink:

Telson, Osir Front Chin Spoiler wtc are all stuff thats bonded on the bodywork. Just use enough of it, use decent stuff no chepo crap, and let it dry throughly and it will stay put/

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
YELLOW_TT said:
:lol: I wonder how you would know this Was
:lol: ive seen some right bodge jobs in my time :evil:

there is nothing wrong with using adhesive if its done correctly, the adhesives are usually a stronger material than the bumper itself .

·
Registered
956 Posts
was said:

So the OSIR V6 lookalike lower section for the front bumper doesn't actually replace the OEM lower section? It bonds over it?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hmm, I've got the reiger lower section and it says that it replaces the lower part of the bumper!? do you have to cut off the original bit - as it doesn't look like it will fit over...

·
Registered
84,232 Posts
sean.ui said:
was said:

So the OSIR V6 lookalike lower section for the front bumper doesn't actually replace the OEM lower section? It bonds over it?
Correct :)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Ohhh i have bought this lower bumper section too, i thought it replaced the lower section and not just put over the top of it..... :roll:

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
Was - you mean the bodged Votex spoiler you mentioned to me when you did my angels? Luckily for me my bodyshop did a good job and never bonded my Riso chin spoiler to the wings! Phew! :D

·
Registered
956 Posts
YELLOW_TT said:
sean.ui said:
was said:

Correct :)
Oh - interesting - I guess this should, in theory, be easier to fit so?

@Naresh - does the spoiler not sit very proud of the bumper? How does it work with the grills being larger than the OEM spoiler?

·
Registered
895 Posts
sean.ui said:
@Naresh - does the spoiler not sit very proud of the bumper? How does it work with the grills being larger than the OEM spoiler?
If the grille openings are larger I would guess you cut off the lower horizontal section of the original front spoiler only leaving the vertical legs to which you would bond the new spoiler.

And here's the adhesive used by Audi for spoilers and bodykits:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-Audi-Spoi ... m153.l1262

Alan W

·
Registered
956 Posts
Alan W said:
sean.ui said:
I would guess you cut off the lower horizontal section of the original front spoiler only leaving the vertical legs to which you would bond the new spoiler.

And here's the adhesive used by Audi for spoilers and bodykits:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-Audi-Spoi ... m153.l1262

Alan W
Can anyone clarify?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.