Audi TT Forum banner

reset MMI?

12K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  noname 
#1 ·
How do you reset the MMI? I mean a full reset not just on the menu factory reset? Want to know how to reset it after doing some VCDS things is all?

#4 ·
Ignore the above post, it can be reset.
Press both left and right buttons on the control forward and then press the centre button.

#5 ·
Toshiba said:
Press both left and right buttons on the control forward and then press the centre button.
Cheers Tosh, I thought there was a way.

#6 ·
Toshiba said:
please, ignore yourself...
the reset that can be done press those button is an easy restart system and not a reset to the factory settings..there is something wrong in the first question..but keep for yourself replies like that

#7 ·
Sorry guys I meant that reset by holding the buttons up. Sorry I didn't mean a full Audi factory reset.

Sorry if I've caused any trouble. Tosh & ManuTT you are both the best 2 people on this forum and the only reason I still come on here. You both know loads and have helped many people out over the years. Keep the good work up 8)

#9 ·
stumardy said:
Sorry guys I meant that reset by holding the buttons up. Sorry I didn't mean a full Audi factory reset.

Sorry if I've caused any trouble. Tosh & ManuTT you are both the best 2 people on this forum and the only reason I still come on here. You both know loads and have helped many people out over the years. Keep the good work up 8)
Errrr... credit also to tommyknocker above who posted a picture of the reset operation! 8)

#10 ·
Oh god yeah thanks to everyone!

#11 ·
ManuTT said:
Toshiba said:
please, ignore yourself...
the reset that can be done press those button is an easy restart system and not a reset to the factory settings..there is something wrong in the first question..but keep for yourself replies like that
Keep your wet panties on...
The question is clear to me, he's put some code in and wants to activate it, thats a restart... :roll:
If you don't know what you're doing, so be it, but some of us do....!

And if you want to restore any change to factory, it's pretty easy - vagcom logs all charges, but you knew that right? :?
copy and paste!!!

#12 ·
what makes you so sure of yourself?
I only replied explaining the correct procedures for the means of what he wrote..then if he wrote wrong doesn't matter but I've explained what is the available reset and what is the factory reset.

vag com can't do a factory reset because if you have added some coding, the vag can't know what is your initial configuration that only Audi knows.

said that, you were added as foe more than two months ago, so please don't consider my nickname please as I do of yours, and don't write about me or my doing as I never did.

#13 ·
He asked how to reset, he's confirmed that's what he wanted, seems clear cut to most.... :lol:
You have the scans and vagcom records the changes to the values in a change log... Opps..!

Address 03:05A 916 018 JJ recoded (Short coding) from 00033 to 00023 (08230/---/-----) Thursday,07,August,2014,14:51:29:51346

#14 ·
stumardy said:

he wrote wrong as you can see, so don't keep writing the same thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.