Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just fitted a Sat nav from Fleabay. I fitted it today, and it appears to be working

On a previous posts I have seen some mention to bose and swapping pins.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=140442&p=1448452&hilit=rnse+bose+bose+rnse+fitting#p1448452

My car has Bose, but I have not changed any pins about, it sounds ok! What happens if you dont change the pins, is bose disabled? Or should I really move the pin?

Also I take it if you have standard bluetooth and phone interface (DIS) then the Telephone feature on the sat nav wont work?

Cheers

·
Registered
31,059 Posts
You need to move the pin or its not going to BOSE.
However this does demonstrate how poor the BOSE setup is.

see the kb for details.

·
Registered
31,059 Posts
Yep on RNS BOSE is pin 7

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Tosh! Next daft question!

For moving the pins, do you know which type of pins are in the block so that I can order a fresh one to crimp on the bose cable?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi crossj, do you mind linking me to the same model you purchased on Ebay? I'm currently trying to decide whether to go bluetooth only, or bluetooth and satnav (and I have Bose too so your experiences here will be potentially helpful!). Cheers.

·
Registered
31,059 Posts
crossj said:
Thanks Tosh! Next daft question!

For moving the pins, do you know which type of pins are in the block so that I can order a fresh one to crimp on the bose cable?
you dont need to, open up the connector and to release the wire and move it from 5 to 7

·
Registered
31,059 Posts
crossj said:
Again thanks Tosh - I did not realise the connector could open up!

userxyz: The one I bought is off ebay now - but here is another one from the same seller.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RNS-E-AUDI-TT ... 27c908c3d8

I bought the one with the CD/TV button (2010) model for £600 off ebay. Came with a 6 month warranty.
CD/TV button is <2009, 2010> is a Media button. :wink:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The saga continues! My voice recognition now has more options but does not pick up anything! I have seen in other posts that a mic wire needs to be changed, does anyone know more details?

·
Registered
31,059 Posts
in all honesty - you're not missing much, but yeah loads of threads about the additional mic needed for SDS.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.