Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004, Audi, TT QUATTRO (180 BHP)
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.
I just bought an 04 mk1 TT and it has been with its share of issues as I failed to do a proper check but overall the car looked well, until recently when I went over something which made a huge sound below the engine, and right after that the car started making loud noises whenever I took my foot of the clutch pedal and let the car roll without pressing the gas pedal during traffic, or when changing gears and it go only became quieter when on higher speeds because the noise of the engine while reving was louder, at first i though the transmission got damaged, tho I dont know much about cars, then right before getting home the rev clutch also started acting up, and showing oil change with was normal until the ESP light light up to as well as the rev cluster started moving all crazy up and down then not moving at all for a period of time while I was doing 30miles, then all of the sudden it all stopped and went back to normal, so now I'm asking if this is like a sign to change the heldex oil, or the engine oil or is the dash just malfunctioning or there anything damaged below the car that's causing this? Because I checked and there was no leak but the noise was loud and made me worried.

Here is the video I tried to record

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey all.
I just bought an 04 mk1 TT and it has been with its share of issues as I failed to do a proper check but overall the car looked well, until recently when I went over something which made a huge sound below the engine, and right after that the car started making loud noises whenever I took my foot of the clutch pedal and let the car roll without pressing the gas pedal during traffic, or when changing gears and it go only became quieter when on higher speeds because the noise of the engine while reving was louder, at first i though the transmission got damaged, tho I dont know much about cars, then right before getting home the rev clutch also started acting up, and showing oil change with was normal until the ESP light light up to as well as the rev cluster started moving all crazy up and down then not moving at all for a period of time while I was doing 30miles, then all of the sudden it all stopped and went back to normal, so now I'm asking if this is like a sign to change the heldex oil, or the engine oil or is the dash just malfunctioning or there anything damaged below the car that's causing this? Because I checked and there was no leak but the noise was loud and made me worried.

Here is the video I tried to record
check you haven't lost all your oil , the haldex is at the back, the clutch pedal involvement could mean a failed or broken release bearing

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Looks suspiciously like a red oil can. As previous post , check your oil level and have a look underneath . It's quite common for TT sumps to get holed by road debris , driving on once that happens will cause extensive damage to the engine. Dont drive it again untill you've investigated.

·
Registered
2004, Audi, TT QUATTRO (180 BHP)
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ty for the replies, I did took it to the mechanic and the cluster malfunction was actually the batery fuse that has the battery cable a bit cut and was giving bad connection when it moved around, there is also a small oil leak and the loud noise somehow affected the exhaust which is now a bit lose... at least that's what they said idk. The car also suffers from hiccups while accelerating, its stable at normal speed just during acceleration... again ty for the replies

1 - 5 of 5 Posts