Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My first post on the forum having recently bought a Mk2 Roadster TDI.
The car came with a Saris Bones bike rack but I'm not really satisfied with it, concerned about both scratches and security of fit.
There doesn't seem to be many options but I found a photo of a Revo-Rack fitted to a TTR with a road bike frame attached and was thinking this might work for me also. I have a VW T4 as my main biking vehicle but would like to use the TT on the days when it's only me travelling (especially the sunny ones!). Wheels in the boot and mountain bike frame on the rack looks feasible but I have something of an aversion to vacuum pump designs.
Wondered if any of you had tried the Revo-Rack? - Even better if you've tried carrying a bike on one.
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2007 3.2 VR6 Roadster
11,517 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! :)

As an alternative to a body mounted rack, check out this post and see if this is something that would work for you. Several of us were trying to help a guy tow with his TT, but the TT is not rated for towing. However, there's nothing that states a tow bar can't be used for supporting a bike rack -
Along with these two tow bars there's also a UK company that can install their version but it's not cheap! https://etowbars.com/uk/

Rectangle Triangle Parallel Font Auto part

www.curtmfg.com/part/11765

Font Parallel Schematic Auto part Engineering

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that. I had noted your posts on the topic of a tow-bar mounted rack and was looking at the Bird Automotive option but all of these seem to require a towing board and this seemed quite an involved process on the TT (again noting some of your comments). For the occasional use this would receive that just seemed too much hassle.
I'd not looked into the Curt one before, but from the drawing it looks to be similar to the towing bracket on my T4 which means I already have a rack that would attach to it - that's a bonus.

Still interested in the body mounted option as it would also serve to provide more luggage carrying capacity.

Welcome to the Forum! :)

As an alternative to a body mounted rack, check out this post and see if this is something that would work for you. Several of us were trying to help a guy tow with his TT, but the TT is not rated for towing. However, there's nothing that states a tow bar can't be used for supporting a bike rack -
Along with these two tow bars there's also a UK company that can install their version but it's not cheap! https://etowbars.com/uk/

View attachment 477232

www.curtmfg.com/part/11765

View attachment 477233

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have the curt on my 08 3.2 roadster for towing my rack and roll kayak trailer and also using my Kuat NV bike rack. Works great. The problem is it will not fit any tt later than 10 I think. That was the limiting factor in my upgrading to a MK II from my MK I. I had to be able to take my toys with me!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts