1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of getting this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-TT-Mk2-R ... 500wt_1413

REVO/STOPTECH AUDI TT MK2 BIG BRAKE KIT - 4 PISTON CALIPERS
Used condition, came off our stage3 TT, supplied with new brake discs and mintex pads.

What do you guys think/make of it...?

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are the brake discs and mintex pads descent?
Not sure what diameter the discs are...

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I doubt it too. Probably will end up selling closer to £1,000

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Yeah I spotted this kit. Was tempted myself to go for it as have been looking at a big brake set-up and I did have my sights on the Forge kit alternatively. Mintex pads are OK, decent quality and will do the job but would prefer a Pagid or Ferodo pad personally. Doesn't look like it comes with braided lines which would be another £75 I guess. The only thing that puts me off slightly is the fact their project car was used heavily on track so these brakes would of taken some abuse. I would budget for a rebuild/refresh to see exactly what condition they are in, but saying that I would do that with any second hand brakes to be 100% confident they will not have imminent problems.

EDIT-
Just received an email off of Revo.They aren't stoptech, Instead Eurospec brake kit. They also do not come with braided brake lines. I was looking for a lightweight calliper and these may be heavier than what I'm looking for. On a side note they might go for cheap as they are around £1,000 new compared to stoptech which is about double that.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So McKenzie,

Would they be ok?
I dont do any track days.......its just for the aesthetics really. Make the car look beafier.

Braided brake lines??

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
maxamus007 said:
So McKenzie,

Would they be ok?
I dont do any track days.......its just for the aesthetics really. Make the car look beafier.

Braided brake lines??
If it mainly for looks then get some 3.2/TTS brakes (or even r32/S3 ones). Look great and a nice step up in performance compared to the standard setup :)

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TTS brakes + pads + calipers are £750 :-(

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
maxamus007 said:
So McKenzie,

Would they be ok?

Braided brake lines??
Those Eurospec brakes would be pretty decent but slightly heavy I'm guessing. I think they may go for less than £500, it just depends on how many people find them on ebay. If you are just going for aethetics then the 3.2/TTS set-up would be perfect and perform well. To complete the eurospec set-up you need some brake lines and that should be it really but those most likely will be another £75 odd. Braided lines are just upgraded versions of the OEM that would give a better more solid brake feel and would be less liable to bulging the lines under heavy braking. I was tempted by them but too heavy for what I want and have just bought a TTRS bumper and diffuser which wasn't cheap! Best of luck if you go for them :)

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So if i bought these i would also need to get the following:

- 2x Braided Lines
- 2x Carriers

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
TT-REX said:
McKenzie said:
just bought a TTRS bumper and diffuser which wasn't cheap!
Post pictures when installed bro
Will do bud :) May not be complete for some weeks until I get the rest of the parts needed.

maxamus007 said:
So if i bought these i would also need to get the following:

- 2x Braided Lines
- 2x Carriers
It looks like the carriers are already attached, just braided lines and maybe some new bolts which I'm sure a garage would have anyway for fitting them up. I think it will be a very good buy if you get them, will look good and also stop very well too.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cheers McK.
Ive got a price in mind and its under £400 so i'll bid for it and see what comes of it.
Hopefully some S3/R32/3.2/TTS ones may come up soon for sale...

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've sourced some mk5 R32 calipers.
Are they the same as the TTS @ 345mm?

I'm Assuming they will fit without any mods if they are the same as TTS?

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
maxamus007 said:
I've sourced some mk5 R32 calipers.
Are they the same as the TTS @ 345mm?

I'm Assuming they will fit without any mods if they are the same as TTS?
The R32 calipers a virtually identical to the TTS and area straight bolt on, no meed for modifications. MPeaks had theses brakes on his TT.

However they use a 345mm disc vs the 340mm on the TTS setup. This is a non issue and actually there seems to be a better selection of aftermarket discs for the R32/S3 345mm disc than the TTS 340mm one.

Also they use a slightly different pad but again there seems to be a better selection in the R32 pad. :)

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cheers conneem.

Think I'll get the R32 calipers then :) will paint them yellow which should look good on my ibis white.
Now, can you guys suggest some good 345mm brakes and pads?

Breaks wise I do want some that look aesthetically pleasing. I'm thinking the ones that have loads of holes in them if you know what I mean...?

Not too expensive either as I don't do track days and am just wanting a better look.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.