Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently using Nero 7 to rip DVDs etc but think it's time to upgrade. Reports on Nero 8 suggest it is very resource hungry so I think I need to look at some alternatives. I guess a good AVI to MPEG 4 converter (for IPod) is going to be essential along with standard ripping to DVD. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Is it for ripping the .vob files from a DVD?
DVDShrink is up to the job, and if it can't handle the protection on newer films, use DVD Fab Decrypter.

Rogue

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rogue, I dont have a problem ripping WMV or AVI files but I converted a AVI to MPEG 4 to put on my new IPod using Nero and it was virtually impossible to view. I have no idea what a .vob file is.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
tj said:
Rogue, I dont have a problem ripping WMV or AVI files but I converted a AVI to MPEG 4 to put on my new IPod using Nero and it was virtually impossible to view. I have no idea what a .vob file is.
.vob files are basically the original video files on a DVD.
They are very similar to MPEG files (in fact, some .vob files can be renamed with a .mpg or .mpeg extension and will work without any conversion).

If it's for your iPod, what about this:

http://www.imtoo.com/ipod-movie-converter.html

It's only $29.

Rogue

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.