Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am new to the forum but was hoping for a bit of help. I've just got myself a TTS with the standard radio installed (with Bose) and wanted to add a couple of extra gadgets. I am looking at getting the 2010 model RNS-E, Audi bluetooth kit and CD changer. I have read in a number of places that the RNS-E is relatively easy to fit however may need some adjustments to the VAG codes due to the Bose speakers etc and the CD changer looks simple to fit but again may need VAG codes. Does anyone know how easy it is to fit the genuine bluetooth kit? From what I can see the microphone is meant to go behind a little grill in the roof, is this easy to do, does it require removing lining etc to put any wires in?

As I said previously I am very new to this, all info I have is from what I have read so I am slightly nervous about doing anything as yet!

Any help would be extremely useful, if someone has a good guide for fitting any of the components that would be great, also, if there is anyone in the Oxford area that can do VAG codes their help would be much appreciated. Finally, does anyone know of a good place to source the said parts? I am watching a few items on eBay that are going for fairly good prices.

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Igotone, thanks for the information, is the microphone wireless? How easy is it to get into the courtesy light cluster? (Sorry for all of the questions, I haven't got either the bluetooth kit or the car yet so don't know a lot about it. I pick the car up tomorrow, hence the excitement).

·
Registered
31,066 Posts
Use the search and kb you will find all the answer to your questions.....

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have just carried a retrofit to my car. Bt was already there.

The head unit is a straight swap over, apart from swapping the Bose pin ( 5 to 7 in the cd changer block)

Bt will need a vag code in several places so that the rsn-e picks it up. There was no guide for the vag codes for the bt, side. I can send you a list of the changes required. I picked up a cheap vag cable off gum tree and did the coding myself.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info CrossJ, does the bluetooth also operate the SDS functionality? Please send me the VAG codes, that would be very helpful, I should be able to retrofit it myself and save a few hundred quid at least. Is this the correct type of cable? http://www.bestofferbuy.com/VAGCOM-HEX- ... n=gbase_uk

·
Registered
196 Posts
My RSN-E came with the SDS unlocked ( a firmare downgrade I believe) but I've still to re-wire the mic - search for my last post on it for info on how to do it.

Not sure about that cable.

I will hook up my cable and find all of the changes I made to get my RSN-E and BT working.

Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts