Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I use my RNS-E unit to play CD's (I don't use the satnav disc), however, one slightly irritating issue is that the CD's do not always start from the last place on the disc but instead the CD restarts from the beginning of the disc.

It doesn't always do it but probably 50% of the time. Seems to be no pattern to when it does it either. Sometimes after only leaving the car for an hour and then using it again, the CD will start from the beginning but then it will go overnight and the next morning it will commence from the point where I left it the night before.

Presumably, like most car CD players, it SHOULD commence from the last point and not start at the beginning each time?

I'm using original CD's, not copies, if that should make any difference.

Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
704 Posts
I'm guessing, but I reckon very few people use their RNS-e units to play CD's - hence no help offered. Like most people, I use either my AMI interface or an SD card slot and keep my nav dvd in the drive. I suspect that when designing the unit it was anticipated that few would use it to play CD's, so the firmware for that part of the system is probably fairly basic. Why it should be so random it its habits, though, is a mystery [smiley=huh2.gif]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts