Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I bought a 2009 ( not sure if MY2010 or MY2009 ) that has CD Rom Based Nav and phone prep would upgrading to the new RNE Plus be as simple as swopping the head units over ? I appreciate there might be coding and stuff but I'm talking about the work I'd need to do as I hate ripping car's apart.

Thanks

Si

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
It should be a straight swap physically and the connectors are the same. It will probably work out of the box without much coding if your car is already coded for nav and phone prep.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I did the same thing you want to do a couple of weeks ago.
And the answer to your question is yes.

It is a straight swap. But you need the code for your new unit. And preferably the old one as well if you want to be able to use it again some day.

Mattias

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bluetone said:
I did the same thing you want to do a couple of weeks ago.
And the answer to your question is yes.

It is a straight swap. But you need the code for your new unit. And preferably the old one as well if you want to be able to use it again some day.

Mattias
When you say code do you mean like a number that you type in ?

Did you get the newer 2010 version and if so where did you get it from and how much was it ?

Thanks

Si

·
Registered
130 Posts
I didnt get the 2010 version, I got the older one, and it was 800 £ incl. overnight shipping and new maps.

And about the code. there is a four digit code specific to the unit that you have to enter, just like you would enter a pin code on your mobile. Only difference is that the code is only entered once, unless you disconnect battery (or take out the unit for a longer time)

Mattias

·
Registered
31,059 Posts
Coding mean adapting the setting of the unit to match the car. ie BOSE, Phone prep, ipod AUX, TV etc etc
You need either VAGCOM software and lead to do this or you will have to pay a dealer to do it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Toshiba said:
Coding mean adapting the setting of the unit to match the car. ie BOSE, Phone prep, ipod AUX, TV etc etc
You need either VAGCOM software and lead to do this or you will have to pay a dealer to do it.
LOL,

I'm familiar with coding it was the code that was mentioned I was unfamiliar with.

Are you the man to who can supply these upgraded parts ?

You won't have a part number for the newer 2010 RNS Plus would you ?

Thanks

Si

·
Registered
200 Posts
Where are you planning to get the unit from?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.