Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31,059 Posts
I'd go for anything but Michelin PS2 personal. Main reason being they are french, but also because they are really bad on road noise. I'm sure both my previous RSs had Pzeros on....

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
McTARIQ said:
20k miles later and the PS2s need replacing.

Am I limited to RO1 fitment tyres?

Thanks in advance!
There is a slight difference, but in a nutshell yes

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
toot3954 said:
McTARIQ said:
20k miles later and the PS2s need replacing.

Am I limited to RO1 fitment tyres?

Thanks in advance!
No you can fit any tyres of the correct size.
Official word from Audi is no. I believe the ro1 designation is fr the shouldered edges, something to do with Quattro. This came up by bag technical not long ago, I will see if I can find the info again.

Theoretically you can fit any tyre though and run problem free which I've been doing

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
Even Audi dealers don't fit A0 and R0 tyres. I have several cars leased with Audi and they only fit Continental tyres, but not the special Audi only ones. They may on the RS, but I suspect not. If you go to a PDC, they'll only fit Porsche specific tyres, but Audi don't seem nearly so fussy.

·
Premium Member
1,836 Posts
Fit RO1 if you want predictable handling as per Audi claim. Fit any other and your tyre PSI WILL need to be increased over Audi recommendation to stop the car from sliding around or the handling being unpredictable.

I had to increase the non-RO1 tyre pressure by 3PSI over Audi recommendation to get the car to handle, at best, 75% to an RO1 tyre.

I did a fair amount of bum-dyno work on this recently - purely out of purchasing non-RO1 tyres in error (never again...!). The results were statling...!

BTW, my car is a S2 mapped TT-RS Roadster with a 'descent' suspension system... :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.