Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all having had trouble with my remote control not working l've now been able to repair the comfort control module
to be pacific its the RF chip in side the module which in my cast was water damage this lead to it not working. I was able
to use a similar year ccm from a coupe by removing RF chip and replacing it in to my cars ccm all for the price off £80 £30 for part and £ 50 for the local laptop repairer shop to do the work hope this will help other roadster with this problem
as I no that a replacement part for this is expenses and it's getting harder to get one.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2002 mk1 8N. CCM 8N7 962 267C.
C/L nodule has water damage. Savvy electric guy can replace that whole piece. Will a B or E swap over work?
Thanks for any help you can give..... Audi garage wants me to scrap my precious 😡
[/Q
HI yes that's the RF module and that's the chip that has to be changed on my car. The chip below was also changed
all i tried to do was get the same year with mine been a 55 plate and the donor part was from a 2005 coupe .i know that the battery type was changed around 2002 from a double battery to a signal type Hope this heips

·
Registered
2002 Roadster mk1 8N
16 Posts
Thanks Marjam, that does help as it seems only the C version is like gold dust.
Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
2002 Roadster mk1 8N
16 Posts
Excellent news. Swapped the RF transmitter board in my ‘c’ suffix ccm with an ‘e’ version, it is now fitted and eveything working properly. So very happy and hope this helps someone else who doesn’t want to scrap their beloved TT because of a piece that is smaller than my fingernail.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Excellent news. Swapped the RF transmitter board in my ‘c’ suffix ccm with an ‘e’ version, it is now fitted and eveything working properly. So very happy and hope this helps someone else who doesn’t want to scrap their beloved TT because of a piece that is smaller than my fingernail.
Glad to here that's worked for you as well :)(y)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts