Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Being a very recent owner of a TT convertible what are people using to clean and waterproof the roof? I have read the sticky about using Milton and then Fabsil but was just wondering if there are any other products people are using?

Porsche use some sort of clear liquid shampoo to clean and then have a spray on waterproofer, has anyone tried this? I guess it must be good if Porsche are using it but is it worth the cost?

Many thanks in advance of any replies.

:)

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Hi - I really think you will struggle to beat the Milton , Blue Baby bath and Fabsil .

Have done mine this way a couple of times with fab results .

I did also use Renovo reviver before applying the Fabsil first time round .

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
I use Johnson's baby bath to clean adding Milton if needed. To reproof I use Fenwicks Awning and Gazebo reproofer. Cheap and does what it says on the tin.
Stewart

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies, how often would you say that you need to wash and re-waterproof?

Okay I'm guessing you just wash when it looks like it needs washing but how often do you recommend re-waterproofing?

·
Registered
83,928 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I use other products in the Gtechnic range but I didn't realise they done anything for fabric roofs.

Their other products are absolutely awesome and especially C4 trim restorer for black plastic areas by window wipers and bumper strips etc... It is amazing how such a little botle can go such a long way.

I know it is not going to be cheap so I think I'll do the tried and tested Fabsil route at first then perhaps get some Gtechnic stuff in due course.

Many thanks,

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not as expensive as I would have thought!

3 years protection for less than £16? It has got to be worth a try.

I'm going to clean with the Milton and Johnsons Baby Bath (Blue) then once dry will treat with some Gtechnic. I'll then post up how it goes and durability.

·
Registered
83,928 Posts
Sent you a PM mate

1 - 15 of 15 Posts