Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can any one put light on my problem car shakes 60mph + also got a crek from the back changed disc and pads 6months ago noticed broken rear spring so got eibach pro kit springs to fit but unsure as to after seeing a few posts about tie bars snaping due to lowering but dont want to pay out all at once , had new tyres 6 weeks ago all round had front rechecked for balance yesterday ?

so creakinh and shaking ?help

·
Registered
19,838 Posts
SOFTTY said:
can any one put light on my problem car shakes 60mph + also got a crek from the back changed disc and pads 6months ago noticed broken rear spring so got eibach pro kit springs to fit but unsure as to after seeing a few posts about tie bars snaping due to lowering but dont want to pay out all at once , had new tyres 6 weeks ago all round had front rechecked for balance yesterday ?

so creakinh and shaking ?help
So are you still driving with a broken spring??! You don't say...

If I were you I'd take your springs down to APS in Brackley (01280 840491), have them fitted with adjustable rear tie bars, get them to do a pucker 4 wheel alignment and have all FOUR wheels balanced at the tyrefitters down the road from them.

It sounds like a lot of money but in the long run you'll be glad you did and everything running gear wise will be correct.

Cheers

rich :p

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just fitted rears springs ok, both old springs broken any way still creaking

ANY BODY TELL ME ANY WAY TO CHECK TIE BARS OR ANTIROLL BAR REARS METHOD TO PIN POINT AS GENRAL LOOK ALL LOOKS GOOD DONT THINK ITS SHOCKS AS BOUNCE ON CAR AND DOSNT DO IT

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
skunkbudnice said:
yeha, my 225 also has this 'creak' but only when the car warms up and I go over a speed bump or somethin !! WTF?
That could just be worn bushes couldnt it? Mine need to be done in the near future.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.