Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Decided to holiday in Italy this year so thought the thing to do would be to buy a TT roadster. What happens then? Well I drive to Rome and a few days after getting here the roof breaks. I've only had the car a few months and this is the second problem with it, the first being the window regulator issue. Moaning over, here is my challenge:

I put the roof down and at the end of a trip back from a great lake the roof will not come up. The flaps come up and then nothing. I put it up manually so it is kind of sorted for tonight but I have a few issues:

1, I speak no Italian so I can't go to a garage and get into a sensible conversation with them.
2, I am not the bank of England and so cannot afford to just put it into a dealer and pay the price, whatever that may be.
3, The roof light is flashing and that will drive me mad all the way back to the UK.
4, I'm in Italy and the weather is bloody lovely and so I need the roof down when I use the car.

So, I need to know if I can just throw the roof up and down as required manually. I used a screw driver to release the pressure, so do I need to close that valve? Can I use the motor to put the roof down?

Can I find out if there was a recall for my car from Italy and will they repair the roof if it is under a recall? (08 car so no warranty)

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Sorry to hear your news. Hopefully someone can provide you with proper advice shortly and that you can enjoy the rest of your holiday. I only have experience of the Mark 1 Roadster so am not of much use to you. :) 8)

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Luegolover said:
So, I need to know if I can just throw the roof up and down as required manually. I used a screw driver to release the pressure, so do I need to close that valve? Can I use the motor to put the roof down?
Not sure as never done it.... Someone should know!

Luegolover said:
Can I find out if there was a recall for my car from Italy and will they repair the roof if it is under a recall? (08 car so no warranty)
There was, new motors! A call to a UK dealer tomo with reg no and chassis no should let you know if it was done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts