Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I have the deaded roof rail corrosion on the qS (they have been changed once under warranty) going to give it a go with Audi ( Sep 2006 TT ) but I don't hold out much hope :evil:
So my question is can you get the old ones repainted or is it best to get new ones :?: At £66 a side + VAT + painting I don't fancy giving Audi any money for a job they should be doing for free so if I can just paint the old ones saves putting any cash in Audis pocket :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
18,638 Posts
Surely you have some comeback if they gave changed them and they are rusty within 6 years!
I don't have corrosion but do have faded paint on the roof rails, I plan to remove them and have them resprayed

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,359 Posts
Hi Yellow, Had one of mine replaced & sprayed while under warranty, 9 years later a tiny spot of corrosion has started to appear.Will leave it another 6 months to see how it progresses, will have her 11 & 1/2 years old by then.
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Good luck, I tried after mine went a second time and got the usual not covered, now they are qwned by Benfield will be interesting to see if customer care has improved.
let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Mine need doing. I got quoted by two separate body shops, one was £60 and the other £50 so probably do that and save the hassle with Audi

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
66 Posts
hi guys had mine replaced 12 mths ago by audi had to pay half cost, :x asked warranty on new rails (which they term as trim ?) was told 2 yrs :x this was coventry audi, just shows how much faith they have on it not occuring again ! good luck.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Go over to Pride and Joy in Middlesbrough and ask them if they can repaint successfully.
They seem to know what they are doing and stand by the quality of what they do too. They repaired the bottoms of the front wings on a friends 944, cut out the rust and repainted (perfect match on a car almost 20 years old at the time!), but about 12 months later rust appeared so he went back and they repaired the wings again and they have been fine ever since.

·
Registered
83,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ExAudiSi said:
Go over to Pride and Joy in Middlesbrough and ask them if they can repaint successfully.
They seem to know what they are doing and stand by the quality of what they do too. They repaired the bottoms of the front wings on a friends 944, cut out the rust and repainted (perfect match on a car almost 20 years old at the time!), but about 12 months later rust appeared so he went back and they repaired the wings again and they have been fine ever since.
Bellow mate :p
That's good to know they have just don't some work on the Golf inc removing a small amount of rust from the bottom of the wings

·
Registered
83,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just had a mad idear what about getting the rails painted avus to match the body how do you lot think that would look against the black qS roof :idea: :?

·
Registered
870 Posts
YELLOW_TT said:
Just had a mad idear what about getting the rails painted avus to match the body how do you lot think that would look against the black qS roof :idea: :?
Hi. Would look ok, but I would be worried of spoiling the QS look. My bars both started to go. I only noticed them after the first week of having the car. My body shop did them for £25 a side and now they look mint.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts