Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Im interested in buying a set of RS3 alloys for my TT, at the moment I have 17" alloys, but was wondering if my car would look like its on stilts if i was to fit 18" or 19" rs3's? Utilizing the standard sport suspension my car come with (I wouldn't like to start lowering etc)

Also, are reps really that bad? Does anyone know a good replica retailer of these wheels? Or is it just a big NO?

Thanks in advance,
Dan

·
Registered
31,066 Posts
Confused as to why people are now starting to call them RS3s. This wheel was originally on the RSTT then as with all Audis got demoted to everything and anything. Actual name is Rotors :)

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
I would advise to stay away from reps if you can afford to :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
I understand that most people want to keep it looking 'OEM' as much as possible, but if I was to spend money on changing my wheels to 18's or 19's, I'd want something different. Something individual. Why bother just to make it look like 'every other TT with thsoe wheels'?

·
Registered
31,066 Posts
lol, its not a dig, i'm just curious as to where the names coming from.

·
Registered
31,066 Posts
Reps are not normally to the same standards and are frankly the only thing keeping you on the road so why would you skimp on such a critical item,

·
Registered
78 Posts
Agree with you Toshiba, but these days, you do get some high quality reps. I had a set of R8 V10 reps when I had my G5 GTI - the wheels were lighter than the OEM detroits and never buckled even on our pot-hole-ridden roads in SA. Very strong indeed! Problem is that you never know what was made sub-standard and what was not!

Considering some Rotiform reps at the moment - just trying to see if its the same manufacturer. The good quality ones came from a company called Sky Wheels in the UAE.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts