Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

So iv'e kind of got my heart set on putting a set of 19" RS4 alloy wheels on my TT. The problem i'm having is finding a set in mint condition so was wondering if anyone has any experience with any of the replica sets out there? E.g. is there much difference, do they fit well, look the same etc etc?

Also is the handling effected much putting these massive 19" wheels on the TT?

been looking at the likes of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/19-rs4-audi-a ... 297wt_1414

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
316 Posts
derek1howe said:
Hi Everyone,

So iv'e kind of got my heart set on putting a set of 19" RS4 alloy wheels on my TT. The problem i'm having is finding a set in mint condition so was wondering if anyone has any experience with any of the replica sets out there? E.g. is there much difference, do they fit well, look the same etc etc?

been looking at the likes of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/19-rs4-audi-a ... 297wt_1414

Thanks guys.
I think ET35 may be a bit low for the TT, but not 100%

I'm picking up a set of 19x8.5J ET42 this weekend, so will let you know what they are like on the car

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
That's a lot of money for some replica's which are not the right ET.
You could try Lincoln Audi parts dept to see if he can do you some original 19"s at a good price.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Audi- ... 2310a76c59

£2,100

He might be able to do a deal with you for less.....

I'd personally just save for the original ones as spending near enough to a grand on some reps seems costly for a non-oem part.
Maybe if there were sub £500 then it wouldnt be so bad but at that price i wouldnt bother.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
viceroy said:
derek1howe said:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks guys.
I think ET35 may be a bit low for the TT, but not 100%

I'm picking up a set of 19x8.5J ET42 this weekend, so will let you know what they are like on the car
Cheers bud. Hope they fit straight on.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hi I bought a set from company advertising wheels on eBay very helpful. They were 18's RS4 reps due to ride rather than 19's

I called them wanted black and polished and chap explained corrosion issues could happen within 12 months (same story from several dealers) but would sell me the but I settled on silver ones with correct pcd for Mk1.

Also the tyres they all seem to supply at lower end ones, so upgrade mine to falkens which cost extra all in was 675 delivered to my house, company was Wheelworx and I spoke to Julian tel 01625 644059.

Definitely worth ringing around but even the price you have for 19's is good less than 250 a wheel including tyre which is fairly cheap when you look at tyre prices.

Remember wherever you buying to pay by credit card as gives better insurance should you have any have porbs with the goods.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
28 Posts
Dayer2910 said:
Mines got 19 inch rims, it's the only way to go IMO, they look the business and I personally don't find the ride too hard at all...I wouldn't have anything other than OEM wheels though.
I too have 19 inch rims (RS4's) - yes the ride is a little harsher than 18 inch equivalents, but WOW they look fantastic and in my opinion the TT looks a little lame with smaller wheels... I also agree that you should always buy GENUINE OEM wheels if you can get your hands on them for a sensible price...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
V6graeme said:
Hi I bought a set from company advertising wheels on eBay very helpful. They were 18's RS4 reps due to ride rather than 19's

I called them wanted black and polished and chap explained corrosion issues could happen within 12 months (same story from several dealers) but would sell me the but I settled on silver ones with correct pcd for Mk1.

Also the tyres they all seem to supply at lower end ones, so upgrade mine to falkens which cost extra all in was 675 delivered to my house, company was Wheelworx and I spoke to Julian tel 01625 644059.

Definitely worth ringing around but even the price you have for 19's is good less than 250 a wheel including tyre which is fairly cheap when you look at tyre prices.

Remember wherever you buying to pay by credit card as gives better insurance should you have any have porbs with the goods.

Hope that helps
Cheers for the feed back, any chance you'd be able to post a couple of pics of them on your car? Just wondering what the 18s look like?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts