Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
REF : TT RS Roadster Reg SL59XNZ back on SALE at Ayr Audi Beware

Guy's,

I'm new here but and was advise this would be the place to let people know of my nightmare from Ayr Audi :cry: WARNING you of this car that is going back on sale which has got a lot of problems.

This all started for me back at the end of March when placed my deposit on the above car over the phone. I never got to collect the car till May 19th as they took so long sorting the finance due to them not putting it through Audi UK(Not my option and no reason either for them doing this). The I came to collect the car I travelled a good 6hrs up to Ayr to then be left sitting for a about 3 hrs until someone decided see us, in the mean time I was given the key and told 'You know about this car more than me so go and check it over' (Car not fully valeted) once I finally got to leave we did arrive home until around 20:45 after leaving at 5:30am.

On the journey back I thought the car didn't drive right as the gears were very snappy/sniff was trying to change when applying a good amount of power through the drivetrain. The following I gave the car a good clean to only find now in better light the the all round the bottom edge was covered in green alge, then I started to discover maskining tape here and there(OS Sill, Rear Bump). With these few things giving me doubt on the car I booked it at my local dealers, over the period of me using the car before it went into the dealer I noticed that the rear OSR light cluster was full moisture and when using the car for longer periods there was a wining nose coming front the driver train when applying power in either 3rd or 4th doing around 38mph to 42mph.
I briefed my local dealer of my concerns and ask them to do a full check on the car, due to my concerns they advised me to contact Audi UK, the following day I informed them and they said someone would look into the problem.
To cut a long story short on this one it turned out the car had the following thing wrong >
Advised by Audi UK from Ayr Audi the car had a lorry hit it in the side(I was only informed of this once then things changed to what had happed after I questioned the Ayr Audi to which they reply there was only a dent in drivers door, I asked so how I've been informed by Audi UK the car has been hit by a lorry by someone in your dealership !! 'er er er no it hasnt there wrong I havent told them that, I said could you confirm in writing what damaged the car had, they agreed !! 'THIS WAS NEVER SENT'
Wrong Spec new Tyres fitted - Local dealer refused to drive the car due to health and safety risked
Gear Box had to be replaced - I had to explain the fault as I was told there is nothing wrong, once they did the investigation as per my advice they found the problem.
Transfer Box had to be replaced
Cluch had to be replaced
Flywheel had to be replaced
OSR light cluster had to be replaced

All these items took from June 8th till July 2nd after Ayr Audi were refusing to sorting things which they did agree to in the end through Audi UK.

On collecting the car after the rework I managed to driver about 10 minutes from dealers and the car went into safe mode by which I managed to get the car to my work and then call the RAC, once they arrive after my heated words to the dealer and Audi UK, I had a look at the laptop the RAC plugged in with a nice list of fault codes for the car which push me to have a look around the engine bay, in the meantime good friend who use to work for RAC & Audi came to have a look, first thing he I noticed was that the bonnet had been off (Nuts Chewed and paint off causing rust) for which he believed the engine had been out from further investigation of the engine bay. He look at the laptop which did mean to much to but said ' Mate reject this car is all I'm going to say' By this time I can say I was fuming and thinking what the hell have I been sold.

I Reject the car July 4th with a formal letter, they never replied formally back just a response from Audi UK saying they accepted my rejection and to look for another car for exchanged as per my request, I found another car of a lower spec but a year younger but with same mileage as I still wanted a TTRS Roadster be it I've just had all the problems. Later that week I had a call from the my local dealers asking me in an indirect way do know of any updates on software this car has had on engine (had I been tampering with the engine) knowing I only had the car 5 minutes, I questioned this to be told they think the engine map had been played with but we can't prove it and the problems you just had by it going into safe mode we don't know what caused it.

Another week had pasted and I finally got a response about the car I suggested to be told I need to pay more money for the exchange I strongly said I'm not paying out any more money, Audi UK informed that they will speak again to the Ayr Audi to sort this out but there hands are tied and what dealer doses as we can only advise them on what to do.

In the mean time I wrote a letter to the head of Audi UK explaining everything and how disappointed I've been. A few days later I call from the Audi UK Executive Office following up on my letter to Martin Sander and there team will be taking over. I will say once they got involved thing did seem to move quicker.
I had a response regarding the exchange and was told firmly that the dealer is not footing the bill even though retail is only up for £2k more than mine was sold for, I said I not paying anymore money as that dealer has had enough out of me and my partner. I was told I had three options take my car knowing it has problems, pay more for another (dealer make more money) or refund. Well My only option was refund and I had confirmation of Audi UK Exe July 27th We will be paid in full on the Monday 30th July once I handed over the spare key ,tracker keyphob, service/hand books and personal property on the Saturday 28th July. I agreed to this.

Monday arrived, midway through the day I had from Audi UK Exe to be inform I won't be getting paid my money back now from Ayr Audi until they have the V5 logbook. I said this was not part of the agreement you sent out Friday as the V5 is with DVLA which you all are aware of has to happen when taking personnel plate. They said the Ayr Audi head of business wont released funds till they have the V5.

At this point the SMMT got involved at logged this situation and advised Audi UK Exe you can't keep a customer's money back just for a V5 and still force them to keep paying there finance. Audi UK exe advised it's out of their hands Ayr Audi won't release the funds until they have the V5.

My V5 turned up August 10th post having to make further payments for a car we don't have, I promptly call Audi UK Exe and said I will drop it off with my main dealers will this be ok and my money put into my account today. They said this shouldn't be a problem I will speak to Ayr Audi now. Few hours went by so I called back to be told are you at your local dealers err no as I was awaiting your call oh right can you go there now. I start to make my journey to my local dealer to be then told it's now past 4 O'clock and they won't be able to do a BACs to your account can we sort this Monday I agreed again so I was at my local dealer for 10:30 handed over the V5 sat there for over 2 and half hour waiting for confirmation the BACs has been processed, in the end I give up waiting in my local dealers and advised Audi UK Exe You have everything where's my money !! I will chase Ayr Audi as they said there sorting things.
All in all we did get are money back on the Monday after the V5 was handed in but late Tuesday. But in the meantime were still being chased by the finance as Ayr Audi hasn't told them and they won't listen to us hopefully this saga for me and my partner will finally come to an end this week and after 15 years of buying Audi's that's the end for me and this was first Audi my partner she is in shock with whole thing as I praised the brand so much !!
Here the car below if you wish to look.

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,360 Posts
Hi, I was going to say unbelievable, but knowing some Audi dealers, quite believable.
Suprised you kept it so long before rejecting it.
Hope you don't find your self out of pocket, after having all that inconvenience/disappointment.
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Hoggy,

I can say the only positve thing out of this is when Audi UK gave me and my partner the Audi Trackday at Silverstone :) plus a £300 cheque once they stated Investigating.

For reference if anybody is having problems call this number and they will get things sorted.

Audi UK Executive Office number : 01908601723

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I am saddened to hear this as this is my local dealer. I actually got my car from Stafford as when I asked for a discount at Ayr Audi, you think I had just farted with the look he gave me.
Anyway, I think you have been very unlucky. Audis are good cars. Don't be put off by that dealer.
God knows where im going to take my car for a service when its due.

·
Registered
31,066 Posts
Wow, long story - hard to read at times but i feel for you.

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
There have been 2 or 3 people who have posted TTRS horror stories that have literally just stopped posting having been sorted out by Audi UK with silence being part of the deal. Having just had an issue myself, on a car i was due to take delivery of recently, that was sorted out immediately, I have to say I'm just gobsmacked at how poor Ayr Audi have been. Sounds like they want bodyswerving!

G

·
wja96 said:
There have been 2 or 3 people who have posted TTRS horror stories that have literally just stopped posting having been sorted out by Audi UK with silence being part of the deal. Having just had an issue myself, on a car i was due to take delivery of recently, that was sorted out immediately, I have to say I'm just gobsmacked at how poor Ayr Audi have been. Sounds like they want bodyswerving!
rest assured as audi u.k know about this they will be looking at the dealership very carefully.they have to meet very strict standards to retain the audi brand.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
That's horrible treatment from Ayr Audi. No customer should be going through this stress buying from a premium brand.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ayr Audi are part of the Lomond group, which has just been taken over by another company, Edinburgh AUDI is part of this group and have been really good with me, however its shocking you have been treated this way.

not the first horror story and certainly wont be the last.

good luck o your next purchase.

Mac

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
tter said:
rest assured as audi u.k know about this they will be looking at the dealership very carefully.they have to meet very strict standards to retain the audi brand.
The problem is, it's not as if Audi UK can actually do anything. Ayr Audi/Lomond Group have the franchise. They've paid out for the shiny, wing shaped, building and believe me, they won't be leaving the Audi supply chain any time soon. Unless people stop buying cars from them. The one sure thing that will get a franchise shifted is they fail to meet their sales targets.

·
Registered
19,838 Posts
How can it still be on sale and how can Audi UK allow it to be on sale knowing what they know? It should be crushed.

·
Registered
547 Posts
That is absolutely shocking!!! After reading this, looks like I will be avoiding Ayr Audi as well. Car will need a service soon, so that's Ayr and Glasgow Audi off the list. Anyone recommend a decent dealer near Glasgow?

·
Registered
206 Posts
this sort of thing is getting all too common on here. and this from someone who has had audi's for 15 yrs!

I've had 3 audi's, all bought from main dealers in the last 6 yrs, and had no problems with the dealers until I bought in Jan 2012 from Tamworth Audi who were terrible to put it politely!

I wont be buying an Audi again in the future, they dont value loyal customers (I had to involve Audi UK who were not very helpful in my case), I will be looking elsewhere in the future, problem is, more you spend on cars, the worse dealerships seem to treat you. Porsche are crap with their customers and that's unfortunately where my next car may be coming from in a few yrs.

·
Registered
64 Posts
GlasgowEd said:
That is absolutely shocking!!! After reading this, looks like I will be avoiding Ayr Audi as well. Car will need a service soon, so that's Ayr and Glasgow Audi off the list. Anyone recommend a decent dealer near Glasgow?
Mate,

these people here are brilliant, when i lived in motherwell and got them to do a few things on my RS4, brilliant service and even picked the car up and delivered it back.

http://www.a4audi.co.uk/

Mac

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
Nyxx said:
Shame on Ayr Audi. It stinks. Very sorry for you both.

I feel like ringing them and asking about the car like am interested in it and seeing what they say. Might be a very interesting call. hmmm

OMG it's here for "just" £33,495(Wonder how much Cov paid for it?)
http://www.audi.co.uk/used-cars/use...o/ayr/602612760-1924072.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_
Actually, I'd love someone from Audi UK to explain how this qualifies as an approved used car? How many checks are they going to carry out this time?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts