Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed a drop in performance do went out on the motorway and when I progressively accelerate then put my foot down after a couple of seconds of the air being sucked in a noise of what can only be described as a child screaming comin from either the dv or air intake or something like that. Had a quick look when I got home but it's dark so isn't see much.

Any ideas what it could be ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,188 Posts
tonksy26 said:
I've noticed a drop in performance do went out on the motorway and when I progressively accelerate then put my foot down after a couple of seconds of the air being sucked in a noise of what can only be described as a child screaming comin from either the dv or air intake or something like that. Had a quick look when I got home but it's dark so isn't see much.

Any ideas what it could be ?
was there any smoke was the car on boost?maybe turbo or boost leak
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,670 Posts
EEKKK they don't look pretty!

Could be turbo failure...... I know that when my mates Evo Turbo shafted itself (think a bearing went or something, the shaft was all over the place) it sounded like a screaming kid mixed with a KAzoo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,002 Posts
You have looked underneath your car and make sure theres no one trapped havent you???

Other than that try your coil packs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,002 Posts
jamman said:
st3v3 said:
You have looked underneath your car and make sure theres no one trapped havent you???
Mutant badger/rabbit ?
He *may* have been trying to impress the local scoolgirls and run one over whilst looking out the window :evil: i dunno lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
st3v3 said:
jamman said:
st3v3 said:
You have looked underneath your car and make sure theres no one trapped havent you???
Mutant badger/rabbit ?
He *may* have been trying to impress the local scoolgirls and run one over whilst looking out the window :evil: i dunno lol
How do u know me so well ? :eek: :eek: :eek: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,002 Posts
tonksy26 said:
Coilpacks would of resulted in struggling to start wouldn't it ?

I haven't had any other troubles part from a little dip in performance.
Do you get a misfire on general running ie:through the rev range when accelerating?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,002 Posts
tonksy26 said:
He *may* have been trying to impress the local scoolgirls and run one over whilst looking out the window :evil: i dunno lol

How do u know me so well ? :eek: :eek: :eek: :lol:
Ahh weve all been there, just when i was doing the same i was in the old XR3i making the exhaust back fire (turbo cars went around so much then)

PS:you need a louder dump valve :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
st3v3 said:
tonksy26 said:
Coilpacks would of resulted in struggling to start wouldn't it ?

I haven't had any other troubles part from a little dip in performance.
Do you get a misfire on general running ie:through the rev range when accelerating?
No it seemed fine whilst driving normal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,002 Posts
tonksy26 said:
st3v3 said:
tonksy26 said:
Coilpacks would of resulted in struggling to start wouldn't it ?

I haven't had any other troubles part from a little dip in performance.
Do you get a misfire on general running ie:through the rev range when accelerating?
No it seemed fine whilst driving normal.
More than likely not coil packs or plugs, id start checking for split pipes like already said then.

Also if you can, clear the faults and see if you can get faults on the other 2 cylinders, this wouls absolutely rule out plugs/coilpacks and then would defo look for split pipes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,224 Posts
Check the Coil pack wiring!
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top