Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've just found out that the TT I just bought didn't come with the security key/adapter to take out the wheel stud. Also one security stud was missing from one wheel. Other than paying the horrendous dealer prices does anyone know somewhere I can buy the key and stud from? Obviously I'd prefer to get a key that matches the other three studs and a replacement for the missing one but if needed I can just butcher the other three off and replace all four.

Cheers,

Phil

·
Administrator
33,050 Posts
Just about any motor factor or wheel place will sell you some locking wheel studs. You can even go to Audi - I doubt they are that expensive. There are only a limited number of spline combinations but they are strong unlike some aftermarket ones.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
As John says I would go to Audi , I think there are only about ten diferen types of key and I think the key costs about a tenna and they may even sell the locking bolts seperately

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi jbell,

I would but I need to get the wheel off to keep working on the car and it's not drivable at the moment. I'll look for some McGuard's though once I've got the standard ones off.

Cheers,

Phil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.