1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Just after a bit of advice.
Going to sell my MK 1 TT
Just wondered where i should go about doing it? Ebay? Auto Trader?
and how much i should be looking to get for it?

i bought it from Audi for about 9.5k last year
its done about 56000
It's just had it's service and MOT
I recently put 19" alloys and Toyo T1 tyres on it.
Lowered
V6 Vallance and Spoiler and matching wing mirrors in black.

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP!

Tom

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
i say sell the valance, spoiler and wheels to me really cheap and recoup some of your money that way :lol:

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
i'd agree with the above, buyers won't be interested in them. As for selling, we have our puma on the owners club website, on here and on pistonheads. The TT we are looking at is also on pistonheads, for the TT i'd go for the premium add as standard ones get lost.

From a buyers prospective, keep the add simple, with nice pictures and then just add things like its service history when the tax and mot are due and general condition, focus on the good bits and don't use things like genuine reason for sale or any text speak.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
about £7,500.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I'd say definitely sell it on Auto Trader, its where the majority of people go to look for buying a car.

I personally wouldn't bother with Pistonheads, nothing wrong with their site, but used cars on there scream 'boy racer' or cars that have been thrashed. Even if I was after a fast car that I could mod, I wouldn't be looking to buy one that's already been ragged.

On the same note, try and make it look as standard as possible. That might seem counter intuitive, but the mods you made suit your taste, not others, and potential buyers wont want them - like I said above, the mods you've made just give the impression that you've thrashed the car.

If you've still got the original wheels, it would be worth putting them back on and selling the new ones separately - you will get more money that way as the new wheels wont add any value to your car. If you haven't got the original wheels, it would still make better sense to buy some cheap used standard ones off ebay - the money you spend on them will still work out less than what you'll get for your new wheels. Just make sure you get the 18" Audi RS4 multispokes, not the 17"s

Leave the V6 valance and rear spoiler on - they will make the car more desirable as they're technically 'standard', but get rid of the RS badge or whatever that is on the back. its not fooling anyone. And get rid of the number plates too, they make the car look like it should be parked outside Halfords - not a good look.

I'd put it up for just under £8k, but expect to be knocked down. It does look like its in very good condition, and the FSH and the fact that you bought it from Audi should make it sellable. You just need to convince them its been carefully looked after ;-)

·
Registered
653 Posts
No problem!

Hope I didn't sound too critical! Your's does look like a very nice TT, and its just getting to that time of year when people are looking to buy, so I shouldn't think you will have any trouble selling it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.