Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi hoping someone can help with their vastly superior knowledge! :p

MK2 2007 TT 2.0 TFSI - I had it serviced on 18th Jan '12 at 40,000 miles. The car is now at 45,825 miles and the service light has come on (service in 30 days or 1000 miles). It seems a touch premature given that it has not been a year and less than 6k since the last service...

am I wishful thinking or should i actually be due another service by now? any guidance greatly appreciated!

thanks

Ian

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,371 Posts
Hi Ian, "Service" light is determined by number of cold starts,distance traveled & time, so looks as if you have had lots of cold starts/short journeys. Get engine oil/filter replaced at least.
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
If you got VAG com see when reset was last done. I would do oil and filter every 5k anyway on a TSFI lump, your car tho so do as you see fit.

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
I don't know on the Petrol cars, but the Diesels have two services

Oil service - where they change the oil and filters
Inspection Service - when they check stuff over and change other specific parts (pollen filter seems to be very common).

I think you have had your car oil serviced. You now need it Inspection Serviced. I always ask for the Inspection Service to be carried out at the same time as the oil service, so I don't have to go back twice.

Why this is so I have no idea, but that's how it is, and then of course you have have the Haldex service and possibly DSG oil service as well! Crazy.

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,371 Posts
Hi, MOTs are so thorough nowadays, at Audi they are anyway, why a seperate inspection service is required I'll never know,. :? More money for Audi dealer I suspect. I tell them what I want doing & don't just say "service it".
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
wja96 said:
I don't know on the Petrol cars, but the Diesels have two services

Oil service - where they change the oil and filters
Inspection Service - when they check stuff over and change other specific parts (pollen filter seems to be very common).

I think you have had your car oil serviced. You now need it Inspection Serviced. I always ask for the Inspection Service to be carried out at the same time as the oil service, so I don't have to go back twice.

Why this is so I have no idea, but that's how it is, and then of course you have have the Haldex service and possibly DSG oil service as well! Crazy.
That may be what happened with my A3? I took it in when the service indicator came on, circa 1,000 miles later the bloody service indicator flashed up again. I reset the damn thing and forgot about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts