Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

A friend of mine linked me to this post from a few years ago from Stu-Oxfordshire who it seems hasn't posted in a while

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=63699&start=15

I'm the driver of the M5 labeled by Stu as an 'idiot' and I feel compelled to set the record straight about the incident he's describing below from 2006 at the Nurburgring, still quite vivid in my memory.

"One one lap, I overtook an M5 on the way out of Bergwerk and then about 10 secs later got held up by a CTR. On the run into Klostertal (left hander) the CTR indicated right, I turned into the corner (for those of you who know it, it is a 4th gear entry, confidence dab on the brakes at anything between 80-120mph depending on talent). A milisecond after turning in and setting my line, I glanced into the rear view mirror and was surprised to see....no M5!
Where had it gone? In my peripheral vision I caught the M5's bonnet on my inside lurching forwards. Instinctively I straightened the wheel then instantly recorrected; I would have been into the barrier otherwise.

I looked across and was rather surprised to see the TOP of the M5's dashboard....(not easy when your head is 3 feet off the ground BTW)
M5 CUP (and I have no problem shaming you publicly by revealing your numberplate) was on 2 wheels having anhiliated the kerb at 90mph with nowhere to go. Idiot "

He's got almost all the facts correct bar a couple of small details. He did indeed catch me up in the few corners up to Adenau and following the logic of 'if its caught you its faster', I moved aside and let him through. Around Bergwerk the M5 really gets into its flow and motors up the next mile faster than most things on the track, including his TT. I could see him in the distance behind another car (presumably the CTR) and at the point of reaching him was doing about 30mph more than he was (normally brake on this corner from 130mph).

Just as I was overtaking, he pulled out and there is not enough room there for 3 cars abreast so I had no choice but to drive into the kerb and grass. The car did indeed launch up on 2 wheels, missing the grass entirely and slamming back down on the track at over 100mph.

Stu seems to be saying that he went to overtake and then looked in his mirror and I wasn't there. Thats because I'm next to you Stu, overtaking you but its OK, I was on the case and avoided a massive accident.

Thank you for taking the time to let me vent abit, even if its nearly 4 years late. Have a good day. 8)

·
Registered
3,368 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
am i bovvered......??

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
I'm not sure Stu still had his TT in 2006??

Anyway, i only read as had a slight panic it was me the thread was referencing but it wasn't :lol:

You'll struggle to push much blame either way, as the Nordschleife is a bit of a free for all & the main reason i've not been for a couple of years now (although i am getting itchy feet). This story a prime example as 2 people see the same scenario very differently.

Not so sure how relevant 4 years later, i struggle to keep up with threads posted in the last hour :eek: let alone 4 yrs ago.

·
Registered
7,438 Posts
Whatever, no mention of Stu having signaled to indicate he was aware of the potential overtake. Kind of have to wonder why the poster didn't consider that, having passed his M5, Stu might be on for an overtake of a CTR?

Putting that conjecture aside for a second, if, as I sem to recall, Stu was at the Ring in his VXR, not a TT, that would throw a little doubt on the posters version of the story if he can't remember what the car he was overtaken by / overtaking was.... But as Stu hasn't been here for years, I guess we'll never know and erm, no-one give a **** :)

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
cant believe i actually read that post................. [smiley=zzz.gif]

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Charlie said:
Who cares? 1 post on the forum and that is your contribution - get a life :)

Charlie
Dont hold back charlie!! :lol: :lol:
anyway i got better things to do...................glee's on :p

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
denimblue225turbo said:
Charlie said:
Who cares? 1 post on the forum and that is your contribution - get a life :)

Charlie
Dont hold back charlie!! :lol: :lol:
anyway i got better things to do...................glee's on :p
Sorry that was a bit harsh maybe, but honestly defending oneself regarding an incident that no one on here would even know about or remember if they have been on here that long, strikes me as an exercise in futility.

Married, Single, Other is on so off to watch that :)

Charlie

·
Registered
10,869 Posts
I can't believe so many of us ex-TT owners are still around on this forum :lol:

·
Registered
913 Posts
I log in from time to time ... and I'm not an ex owner as I still have a TT, the original car being delivered 6 weeks after the UK launch. And no ... I didn't send it back for the suspension recall

In fact I just shredded nearly every copy of the original TTOC newsletter complied by Russell.

·
Registered
10,869 Posts
jampott said:
scoTTy said:
I can't believe so many of us ex-TT owners are still around on this forum :lol:
Who are you calling an ex-TT owner?! :lol:
You're an ex-ex-TT owner :lol:

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
TJS said:
I log in from time to time ... and I'm not an ex owner as I still have a TT, the original car being delivered 6 weeks after the UK launch. And no ... I didn't send it back for the suspension recall

In fact I just shredded nearly every copy of the original TTOC newsletter complied by Russell.
You should come down to the meet in Marlow next week.... :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.