Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This happens, so i call my local Audi certified mechanic, and he tells me he has never seen this happen....leave it to my lemon to produce something that he's never seen before...

Any thoughts and opinions? Am i going to need the whole assembly, housing and all....or do they manufacture this part for sale...cuz i'm in the states and i can't find it

·
Registered
719 Posts
bloody hell, how fast were you shifting!!??

It looks like you just need the lever, i'm no expert but it should just be a bolt on part there's plenty of mk1 golfs with 20vt conversions where they have had to bolt in the shifter mechanism. Any mechanism from a 6 speed car should be fine!

it'll look something like this

http://www.xmission.com/~hoggel/Swap/Sh ... talled.jpg

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Blimey, the old RAF landrovers used to do that all the time, we used to use a pair of mole grips on the stump until we could weld them up.. But they had a foot plus long gear stick

Never seen that before on a car, especially with a short shift, if indeed you need it all as I do not know, can you not source one from a breakers ?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Left work.....went to put it in first, and that happened.....

Had to use a Jumper cable lead clamped down on the nob to get it into any type of driveable gear, my problem is no reverse due to the push down, left and up for reverse.

·
Registered
719 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TaylorTony that Ebay shifter is for a 5 speed....i need a 6 speed. I'm waiting to hear back From Cool's posted website to find out if that short throw is for a 5 speed or 6 speed.

·
Registered
719 Posts
it should just screw in, if you want to reduce the shift further you can get the short shift for the gearbox ends, the actual cables don't change.
As it's just a shortened rod, it shouldnt matter if you have a 5 speed or 6
Failing that there's loads of TT's being broken here so maybe look on your ebay/craigs list/vortex other local VAG sites

1 - 10 of 10 Posts