Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

My drivers seat is shiny. I want it back to the matte finish that it had from the factory. Is Liquid Leather the answer to my problem or do I need to sand them or how do I proceed?

Fredrik
TT 225 CQ Raven Black, Black leather

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Yeah 5 minute blast on each panel with a power sander should sort it nicely. :eek: No way! :lol: Give them a go with some proper leather cleaner to try and take off any oils etc that have affected the surface. My leather is matte and I find that leather conditioners makes it slightly shiny for a while. However, as yours is already shiny you may find that you'll see an improvement rather than increased shine.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Shiney Leather is usually dirty leather..

The trick to cleaning leather, or anything really is heat, open the pores as such up to allow the dirt to be released.

I find a steam cleaner and microfibre cloth works very well..

·
Registered
792 Posts
Liquid leather leaves a nice matt finish everytime. It's one of the few conditioners that aren't over greasy.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Another one for liquid leather. Nice results from an inexpensive product. Use a shoe brush with it to get all the muck out the grain/pores.

Sanding - who on earth recommended doing that!?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
How often do you clean and condition leather?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
salty said:
where did u get the mirror stickers salty
Do you mean me!!! :)

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I got mine off ebay!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.