Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had a problem fixed by my local audi dealer last friday. I had a new Coolant Temp Sensor fitted as my gague was reading wrong.

The thing that puzzles me is that im still under audi warrenty untill end of march(12 months when i bought my car from them), i did make the girl aware of this when booking my appointment but think she had an allergic reaction when i sed warrenty. It was like a robot took over the call and basicly said...HA you'll be lucky!!

so, should i have paid for this?(£140)

or should my warrenty cover this?

thanks in advance
ads

·
Registered
19,838 Posts
Adam Wright said:
had a problem fixed by my local audi dealer last friday. I had a new Coolant Temp Sensor fitted as my gague was reading wrong.

The thing that puzzles me is that im still under audi warrenty untill end of march(12 months when i bought my car from them), i did make the girl aware of this when booking my appointment but think she had an allergic reaction when i sed warrenty. It was like a robot took over the call and basicly said...HA you'll be lucky!!

thanks in advance
ads
Unless the small print in your warranty says no, then yes... :p

·
Registered
84,236 Posts
Cant see why it was not paid for by the warranty :?

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Adam Wright said:

thanks in advance
ads
should have been covered i'd have thought mate. £140 seems abit steep. mine was about £60 from a local indy :?

·
Registered
781 Posts
this was the first thing that went wrong with mine and they replaced mine foc on the "used car warranty". when i brought mine they said basicly everything was covered apart from clutch and tyres.
i was quite suprised when they replaced my wishbone bush foc! i thought this would be a wear 'n' tear item? im not complaining tho!

cheers aaron

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Adam Wright said:

thanks in advance
ads
did u pay by credit card? If so, since the bill was more than £100, if Audi won't honour the warranty (assuming that is was a covered part - read the small print, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't) tell the CC company its a disputed payment. They will chargeback to Audi who then have to prove they were entitled to charge it...

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cheers guys

im going to have a look into the warrenty dcuments. If it should be covered then im going to byass the dealer and contact the warrenty people like you said. Save me getting into a slagging match infront of everyone.

thanks for your help, i appreciate it

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think audi take the biscuit with this. Well ive contacted Lumley Auto who seem to do the warrenty. I read the documents but it is not very clear. Ive put a formal complaint to Lumley and given them 28 days to reply to the matter before i contact the ombusmen. I'll keep you posted on what happens.

ads

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Adam Wright said:
I think audi take the biscuit with this. Well ive contacted Lumley Auto who seem to do the warrenty. I read the documents but it is not very clear. Ive put a formal complaint to Lumley and given them 28 days to reply to the matter before i contact the ombusmen. I'll keep you posted on what happens.

ads
can you scan/post the docs here?

Lumley's website doesnt give details, just the services they offer to firms like Axa.. http://www.lumleyauto.co.uk/products-2warranty.html

·
Registered
290 Posts
Adam Wright said:

ads
Right i have had problems in the past with warranties.

The problem you have here is your Lumley Warranty is a 'Mechanical Breakdown Warranty'

Meaning your car had to actually breakdown for the component to be covered. Even then if its down to 'fair wear and tear' it still aint covered.

Most independant warranties with the wording 'Mechanical Breakdown' in the title arent worth the toilet paper they are wrote on.

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
found this on a deal site offering Lumley Auto warranty on used cars...

"...is available for cars up to 5 years old and under 50,000 miles. This is a very comprehensive product covering all mechanical, electrical and electronic parts of the vehicle that were the manufacturers original fitment with the only exclusions being specific listed components of which full details are available upon request. This policy has a claim limit only capped at the purchase price of the car and therefore gives the ultimate level of protection against the unforeseen cost of any repairs."

If your wording is like that and the part is not mentioned in the exclusions you have a strong case...

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
TTmarlin said:
What does it say on the front cover of the warranty booklet??

Does it say 'Mechanical Breakdown' ??
Its a good point, Lumley offer 'Mechanical Breakdown', 'Manufacturer Warranty Extension' and 'Used Car Warranty' policies so it may depend on the policy offered... the first of the 3 is the least useful... it needs to have been one of the other type probably...

·
Registered
290 Posts
Chip_iTT said:
TTmarlin said:
What does it say on the front cover of the warranty booklet??

Does it say 'Mechanical Breakdown' ??
Its a good point, Lumley offer 'Mechanical Breakdown', 'Manufacturer Warranty Extension' and 'Used Car Warranty' policies so it may depend on the policy offered... the first of the 3 is the least useful... it needs to have been one of the other type probably...
Agree fully :?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.