Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas ?! :( wonderin wen something would go rong !
No warning lights !

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Probably a failed coil pack.

Try to get to Audi and see if youre eligible for a free recall on coil packs.

Only drive gently and hopefully youre not too far from them....

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
possibly even the spark plugs, which wud be cheaper to change than coilpacks if they havnt been done in a while. Under a £10 from gsf i think

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,337 Posts
Hi Nathan, As antcole says, probably coil pack failed.
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
122 Posts
i recently had the same thing, was checking for coilpacks and found one coilpack connector wasn't connected properly and was coming off which resulted the coilpack going on/off... if you have APX engine it isn't very likely for a coilpack to fail but BAM engines have had some coilpack problems.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont know what engine mine is sorry Its an xreg 225 coupe, now the yellow engine light is flashing !

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,337 Posts
Hi Hathan, X reg allmost certainly a BAM. Reg Doc engine No. will tell you for sure.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys really appreciate it is there anyway of seein if the coilpacks failed ? Is there any pictures on here of any i dont even know what it looks like ? Is it easy to change
Thank you so much

·
Administrator
95,337 Posts
Hi Nathan, Can't usually tell by looking at it, but there is one on top of each spark plug.
If you know where the spark plugs are, push down firmly on each one to make sure they are still in place.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you sir ! I wonder what the chance of audi doing it for me haha gotta ring them
Tomorrow !

·
Registered
122 Posts
Nathanho123 said:
I dont know what engine mine is sorry Its an xreg 225 coupe, now the yellow engine light is flashing !
just do a vag-com scan now and it will tell you. the yellow light means there has to be a fault code in memory.

·
Administrator
95,337 Posts
Hi Nathan, Just give them you Reg No./Vin No. & ask is my TT due replacement coil packs under the "product enhancment scheme" Most have been successful.

·
Registered
286 Posts
As the guys say it will be Ignition, If your Coilpacks are old, Replace them as well as a good set off Copper plugs and you'll be a winner..I can imagine you will of thrown an Intermittent Missfire code...16684 ... but I could be wrong.....

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Its fine upto 2/3 revs and the turbo is spooling but thers just no power and jumps back n forth and when idling feels like it could cut out... I will ring audi first thing the coil pack looks old but i looked in the dark with a torch lol !

·
Registered
122 Posts
Nathanho123 said:
Its fine upto 2/3 revs and the turbo is spooling but thers just no power and jumps back n forth and when idling feels like it could cut out... I will ring audi first thing the coil pack looks old but i looked in the dark with a torch lol !
don't do anything before checking the fault codes, it will point you to the right direction. anyways if you bring the car to audi dealership they will do that first.

·
Registered
286 Posts
FinTTq said:
Nathanho123 said:
Have you tried to unplug the MAF and see if it makes any difference? :) But like Fin says...get it plugged in :)

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Andy Conroy said:
FinTTq said:
Nathanho123 said:
Have you tried to unplug the MAF and see if it makes any difference? :) But like Fin says...get it plugged in :)
No mate ? U mean running ? And unplug it ? Im gonna ring audi anyhow n let u guys no thanks so much everyone

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
i got new coil packs and they actually look old. its the stuff thats in the top, look yellowish gelish kinda stuff?

can you get pretty ones?

but i think this could be a coil pack problem, it kinda sounds like its missing beats when its idling and sounds like a tractor... but in a nice kind of way :?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts