Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this might seem a bit of a numpty question (no rude remarks please :-* ) but what is the easiest/best way of getting a recorded program off the hard disk of the SKY + box onto some other medium - DVD, USB stick etc. Can I hook up a PC or Mac laptop to it and get it that way?

Graham

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Not 100% sure about PC's but you can record to DVD and HDD recorders, failing that look on Sky.com Anytime you might beable to simply download what you want direct from sky site.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The set up I use is, connection to PC using the s-video connection on the Sky+ box and the red and white audio leads into the TV card on the PC and record using the PVR function in Windows Vista. You can then burn onto DVD or view on the TV using a media centre extender (Xbox 360) streaming over your home network. This does mean you need a s-video input on your PC and a copy of windows with media centre. You do need to play the content on the Sky + to record it, so needs to be done when you don't want to watch something else on the Sky box.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I have a scart going to a sony dvd recorder etc, I press the red copy button on everything I want to copy and press record on the sony, come back in the morning and it's shifted a lot over. I then edit on the sony to split to different programmes, then use the sony to burn a dvd. If that seems long winded then it explains why I have only done it once in 2 years of buying the sony.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.