Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would some kind sole with an SLine Alcantara interiror be able to post some nice pics please? :)

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Here's one I posted earlier:

It is a nicer interior than standard IMO. However, I do have just a touch of sag! Still looks nice though.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brilliant thanks talk-torque,
agree, looks nicer than standard - I cant quite make out, is that a perforated finish?

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh yes much better, many thanks
Mitchy, quick question - are the door cards finished in the same material?

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
No, just the plain stuff.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Igotone, how do you mean 'darker material' are there different shades of black?

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Bryn said:
Igotone, how do you mean 'darker material' are there different shades of black?
Well, I was always under the impression looking at loads of cars before I bought, that there's a grey interior and a darker one - not black exactly - probably charcoal would be a better description.

Larger image here.....

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4046/446 ... 759e_o.jpg

·
Registered
10,044 Posts
Personally I like the two tone idea they now offer on the TTS, black leather with grey alcantara inserts. Would certainly be my choice if I was ordering one:

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Nem said:
Personally I like the two tone idea they now offer on the TTS, black leather with grey alcantara inserts. Would certainly be my choice if I was ordering one:
Agreed- that looks very nice!

The darker/lighter interior isn't confined just to the upholstery, it extends to the colour of the interior plastics including the dash. I looked at quite a few white cars, and some have the black interior while some have the lighter grey one. I can't imagine it's just a lucky dip what colour you get, surely it would be specified at the time of ordering?

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
igotone said:
Nem said:
Agreed- that looks very nice!

The darker/lighter interior isn't confined just to the upholstery, it extends to the colour of the interior plastics including the dash. I looked at quite a few white cars, and some have the black interior while some have the lighter grey one. I can't imagine it's just a lucky dip what colour you get, surely it would be specified at the time of ordering?
Interesting, I was not aware there were different shades of black.
Reason I'm asking these questions is that I want the leather interior of my TTS re-upholstered in Alcantara.
I was kind of thinking it would be relatively simply just replacing the centre sections with the SLine type perforated Alcantara - I guess I'll have to try and figure out what shade of black I have first though :?

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Bryn said:
Interesting, I was not aware there were different shades of black.
Reason I'm asking these questions is that I want the leather interior of my TTS re-upholstered in Alcantara.
I was kind of thinking it would be relatively simply just replacing the centre sections with the SLine type perforated Alcantara - I guess I'll have to try and figure out what shade of black I have first though :?
Well have a look at a few TTs on Auto Trader where you should be easily able to see the difference in the colour of the two different dash plastics. I can't imagine it's just a case of under or over exposure of the pics as the difference seems to be too obvious.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Interesting this. I've always thought that my leather bits were more dark grey than black, but nothing other than black is mentioned in the brochure. Maybe the coding on the option sticker would shed some light?

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
talk-torque said:
Interesting this. I've always thought that my leather bits were more dark grey than black, but nothing other than black is mentioned in the brochure. Maybe the coding on the option sticker would shed some light?
Well I hope I'm not misleading anyone with this. The problem is that when you photograph a car interior which is predominantly all one tone in the viewfinder, the camera meter mixes the tones down to 18% grey - that's how all camera meters work left to their own devices. The problem is, that if that were the case, then I'd be expecting the lighter tones in the images to be grossly over-exposed which they're really not - certainly not to the degree I'd expect.

It would be nice to get a definitive answer on this either way.

·
Registered
97 Posts
As i ordered a S Line SP.ED. which has just gone confirmed today :D my interior is the black Alcantara option.
Black is JN/JW code and light grey is TN/TH.
These are the only two options in the spec guide.

But there is an option for the stitching
Black is QE or Black with Silver is QF (mine is QE).

So i think they are both photos of the Black but one has the silver stitching and one has the black.
I think that the flash has just washed out the black on the first photo making it look lighter.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.