Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
Great minds think alike (or fools seldom differ) but I have a USB charger in my glovebox. Mainly I have my Bright Rabbit MeatFinder Tuned Wavelength torch on charge but it will also charge any USB device including an iPad.

The other cable is the iPod connector for the Kenwood headunit.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Never mind all that.

What's a Bright Rabbit MeatFinder Tuned Wavelength torch????

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
You're obviously not in the food business!

It makes it obvious when the hygiene staff haven't properly cleaned a meat processing factory.

They work on the basis that things are the colour they are because they reflect those wavelengths of light, so if you shine only/mainly those wavelengths of light, the thing you are looking for becomes obvious. In this case, white meat like pork and poultry.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
wja96 said:
You're obviously not in the food business!

It makes it obvious when the hygiene staff haven't properly cleaned a meat processing factory.

They work on the basis that things are the colour they are because they reflect those wavelengths of light, so if you shine only/mainly those wavelengths of light, the thing you are looking for becomes obvious. In this case, white meat like pork and poultry.
Something tells me you could tell some horror stories....

·
Registered
420 Posts
Well, you learn summert new every day! Ta :p

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
RockKramer said:
Something tells me you could tell some horror stories....
Not really. These things are used BEFORE production starts to make sure the plant is clean and if it's not clean enough it gets cleaned again. The microbiological standard for contact surfaces is 10x better than that used for hospital surgical areas and the micro standard for air in ready-to-eat food plants is 100x better so they are pretty darn clean. You do still hear about places that have staff who don't wash their hands but they're generally going out of business as the retailers (supermarkets) just won't deal with anyone who's not absolutely 100% committed to food safety.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts