Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

On Wednesday I am picking up my first TT, its a 2000, 225 coupe model and its lovely.

Question is, apart from fixing the fuel gauge and the airbag light, what should I be doing? I am not that bothered about tweaking the balls off it to make it go even faster as there is not much need.

So come on fellow TT owners, let me have your thoughts on how I can get the most from my new love.

All advice is appreciated.

Kindest regards

Tim

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,351 Posts
H Tim, Welcome to the TTF.
If the cambelt/water pump hasn't been replaced in the last 5 years get it done asap.
Otherwise when was it last serviced & what was done ?
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
83,930 Posts
Welcome also check when the haldex had its last oil and filter change

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hoggy said:
H Tim, Welcome to the TTF.
If the cambelt/water pump hasn't been replaced in the last 5 years get it done asap.
Otherwise when was it last serviced & what was done ?
Cheers Hoggy

The service book says Toothed belt - taking that as the cambelt? It is within 5 years and not many miles ago.

Is this the same thing?

·
Registered
83,930 Posts
taptaptap said:
YELLOW_TT said:
Sorry to sound completely green but what is the haldex?
The haldex is the unit at the back that provides drive to the rear wheels

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
YELLOW_TT said:
taptaptap said:
YELLOW_TT said:
Sorry to sound completely green but what is the haldex?
The haldex is the unit at the back that provides drive to the rear wheels
Thanks YellowTT

I will check and get done if not!

Anything else?

·
Registered
83,930 Posts
Haldex oil should be changed every 20k or 2 years filter every 40k or 4 years

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,351 Posts
Hi Ta[pTapTap, Toothed belt is the cambelt.
May be worth checking with garage that stamped the book, that it was actually replaced by them.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hoggy said:
Hi Ta[pTapTap, Toothed belt is the cambelt.
May be worth checking with garage that stamped the book, that it was actually replaced by them.
Again thank you for the advice. If the rest of the site is as friendly and welcoming as this, then I am going to be very happy.

Many thanks guys.

Tim

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Hi Tim, and welcome.

As the others have said make sure the major service items are up to date. If you can find yourself a recommended Audi Indy - these are worth heir weight in gold (if you are not mechanically minded).

As a matter of course, I would give your newly purchased TT a full service, then you know it has been done, and been done correctly.

Then make sure everything is working as it should be - then it is a matter of sitting back and enjoying the drive :)

If speed performance is not your thing, then you might want to look at handling updates (suspension etc)...but I would just enjoy your car for the moment :)

Neil

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LordG71 said:
Hi Tim, and welcome.

As the others have said make sure the major service items are up to date. If you can find yourself a recommended Audi Indy - these are worth heir weight in gold (if you are not mechanically minded).

As a matter of course, I would give your newly purchased TT a full service, then you know it has been done, and been done correctly.

Then make sure everything is working as it should be - then it is a matter of sitting back and enjoying the drive :)

If speed performance is not your thing, then you might want to look at handling updates (suspension etc)...but I would just enjoy your car for the moment :)

Neil
Cheers Neil.

Really appreciated.

Cheers Neil.

Really appreciated.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What can I say? My car is so bloody fast!

I have a smile on my face each time I get in it! :p

Thanks for all the advice guys. No doubt I will be seeking loads more in time to come but for now, I am one VERY happy TT (225) owner.

Yabbadabbado!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts