Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my tt about 6 months now, the alloys were pretty knackered when I got it but I didn't add to the issue once. I get the alloys refurbished and suddenly all kerbs are like magnets.
3 weeks after the refurb 2 of the 4 wheels look like they were never done.
I know it's my fault but I can't help but think its just typical.
I have been looking at after market alloys but maybe there is no point as I obviously can't be trusted.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Happens to us all but always a sickening feeling!

I always lose weight after a refurb as I avoid drive-thrus for the next few months :)

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know!
It ruined my evening to be honest. I kept thinking "5 minutes ago my alloy wasn't fucked"... "10 minutes ago my alloy wasn't fucked", then I'd forget about it for a while and pass by the window and see the rear of the car and remember.
Lucky I get them done cheap because I know a guy but it's still frustrating. Out of the 6 months I've owned the car it's been perfect for only 2 weeks despite my best efforts.
It is a daily driver so maybe I expect too much.

·
Registered
673 Posts
AlloyGators - enough said :roll:

·
Registered
19,084 Posts
higsta said:
I know!
It ruined my evening to be honest. I kept thinking "5 minutes ago my alloy wasn't fucked"... "10 minutes ago my alloy wasn't fucked", then I'd forget about it for a while and pass by the window and see the rear of the car and remember.
Lucky I get them done cheap because I know a guy but it's still frustrating. Out of the 6 months I've owned the car it's been perfect for only 2 weeks despite my best efforts.
It is a daily driver so maybe I expect too much.
higgymeister............repeat after me.........I WILL NOT HUG THE CURBS WHEN DRIVING........ok prob over

1 - 6 of 6 Posts