Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two, one black face, one white. These were bought from New York and while obviously replicas are very high quality.

Very heavy weight, look great and have fully working chrono and subdials. They are kinetic just like the real thing. I have worn the white one and it keeps perfect time. Even the markings on the inside are correct and these are definitely not cheap replicas.

£60 each or £100 for the pair. They cost me more but I do not want them any more.

Please PM if interested.

·
Registered
19,838 Posts
cgt said:
Any takers? These really are nice watches.
You're right. I really can't spot the difference... :roll:

·
Registered
11,940 Posts
Are these the same ones you can get for $20 pending on how hard you barter :roll: :roll: :roll:

Been there got the wife a nice Prada bag for $10

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very clever of you Sir but it would help if you knew what you are talking about. These are EXACT and highly detailed replicas of rare vintage Daytonas, as below, scroll down to '5632'

http://www.ukwatches.com/RolexD.html

The picture you posted is of the much more common modern Daytona which is much more copied and readily available. Vintage replicas are not common.

And no, these are not the cheap $20 replicas. They are authentic in look, feel and weight with working chronos and subdials with seconds in the correct place. If you take the back off the case you will see it is not a cheap movement that will only last you for a month.

Any more questions please feel free to ask! :)

·
Registered
19,838 Posts
cgt said:
Very clever of you Sir but it would help if you knew what you are talking about. These are EXACT and highly detailed replicas of rare vintage Daytonas, as below, scroll down to '5632'

http://www.ukwatches.com/RolexD.html

The picture you posted is of the much more common modern Daytona which is much more copied and readily available. Vintage replicas are not common.

And no, these are not the cheap $20 replicas. They are authentic in look, feel and weight with working chronos and subdials with seconds in the correct place. If you take the back off the case you will see it is not a cheap movement that will only last you for a month.

Any more questions please feel free to ask! :)
I take it all back. They really are very nice. So do these have a mechanical movement?

cheers

Rich :p

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No problem Rich. I personally love the look of the old watches they look much more unique and are not ten a penny like the modern ones.

These have a fully automatic movement and keep very good time. And they are a lot cheaper than 45 grand!

·
Registered
19,838 Posts
cgt said:
No problem Rich. I personally love the look of the old watches they look much more unique and are not ten a penny like the modern ones.

These have a fully automatic movement and keep very good time. And they are a lot cheaper than 45 grand!
I agree I prefer old watches too. Guess I just revealed my ignorance up there, sorry... :roll:

Do you have any pics with the backs off? I actually might be interested! Are they stainless steel with decent quality glass?

Cheers

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's alright mate, no problem. I dont have pics with the back off but I asked the guy to show me one with the back off and it looked like a decent movement to my eyes.

Yes they are stainless but the 'glass' is actually hardened plastic, exactly like the original watches of that era. My Dad had a real Rolex from the late 60's that had plastic not glass. I dont think they had toughened sapphire crystal glass in the early 70s.

·
Registered
19,838 Posts
cgt said:
It's alright mate, no problem. I dont have pics with the back off but I asked the guy to show me one with the back off and it looked like a decent movement to my eyes.

Yes they are stainless but the 'glass' is actually hardened plastic, exactly like the original watches of that era. My Dad had a real Rolex from the late 60's that had plastic not glass. I dont think they had toughened sapphire crystal glass in the early 70s.
Mmmm. I can still spot some differences. The sub dials especially look different especially the bottom one that isn't a complete circle.

Can you not take the back off one and post a pic?

I found this image of what I presume is a genuine example...

Cheers

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes I see what you mean but for this money mate I honestly dont think it matters. The markings on the dial are high quality, etched, not printed and the subdials have an authentic looking veneer to them.

Sorry but I dont have the tool to remove the back.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.