Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine is looking into buying a mk2 and im goung with him on saturday to aberdeen audi.

Any info would be great.

Hes looking at petrol and diesel.

My knowledge is pretty basic on the mk2 so any help would be great!

Anything to look out for?

Ive heard of sagging seats but thats pretty much it

Cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,416 Posts
The saggy seats are pretty much it to be honest. Avoid the TDi if you're only doing short journeys. The newer 211PS 2.0 petrol is a real gem of an engine, well worth buying a later car to get it over the earlier engine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,979 Posts
Get a TFSI with Alcantara seats (no sagging) and good mpg for petrol between 30-40mpg when try sensible. Will pay slightly more for a diesel but great cars. Depends what he wants offcourse. 2.0 or 3.2v6 or 2.0tdi ? :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Car allowance and fuel paid for so not bothered about fuel consumption.

I remember redscouse had a tdi and he said it was really good for a tractor :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,979 Posts
get a RS or TTS if company paying fuel :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Basscube said:
get a RS or TTS if company paying fuel :lol:
I dont think the allowence stretches quite that far :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,979 Posts
KammyTT said:
Basscube said:
get a RS or TTS if company paying fuel :lol:
I dont think the allowence stretches quite that far :)
screwing :x

hahaha :oops: :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just spoke to him and £22k is his budget so maybe a tts isnt ut of the question
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,979 Posts
wow i assume obviously the car doesn't have to be brand new as 22k wouldnt get you much if that was the case. 2nd hand it is a whole new kettle of fish :p

I was going to get a nice white TTS for 22k how lucky lol. Decided not to in the end as i didn't feel the 12k on top of mine was a wise move financially lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,416 Posts
KammyTT said:
I remember redscouse had a tdi and he said it was really good for a tractor :)
It is great, but if you're not bothered about MPG then the TFSi (211PS) will eat the diesel for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It has the same 350Nm of torque, over a wider power band and 40 PS more power. It's maybe a 40MPG car vs. 45-47MPG on the diesel.

And the used diesels command a fairly hefty premium over the petrols of the same age.

I have a diesel and if I was buying again, anything up to 20,000 miles per year, I'd buy the quattro petrol car. That does mean S-tronic though, so make sure it's got lots of warranty!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,979 Posts
even a 200bhp fsi isn't a slouch especially when you chip it ;)

:roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What options are there?

I know the mk1 v6 has dsg etc etc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
845 Posts
wja96 said:
The saggy seats are pretty much it to be honest. Avoid the TDi if you're only doing short journeys. The newer 211PS 2.0 petrol is a real gem of an engine, well worth buying a later car to get it over the earlier engine.
Hey mate how short are we talking? 14miles per day is what I do, so is the TDI a no no?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,416 Posts
DesignerDaveTT said:
wja96 said:
The saggy seats are pretty much it to be honest. Avoid the TDi if you're only doing short journeys. The newer 211PS 2.0 petrol is a real gem of an engine, well worth buying a later car to get it over the earlier engine.
Hey mate how short are we talking? 14miles per day is what I do, so is the TDI a no no?
You'd probably get away with it, but the fuel economy will be horrible because it will never warm through properly and it'll be regularly trying to regenerate the DPF (to regenerate the DPF it injects diesel into the exhaust manifold at 600C to create a controlled burn within the DPF). But it will be like that with any modern diesel engine. If you have a choice, get the petrol if you're looking at such low mileages.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,416 Posts
KammyTT said:
What options are there?

I know the mk1 v6 has dsg etc etc
I THINK, so please don't shoot me down if I miss something;

1.8 (older engine, up to 2011) is roadster only, manual only.

1.8 (new engine, from late 2011) is coupe or roadster, manual or 7-speed s-tronic (not the same box as the RS).

2.0 (non-TTS) comes in two guises depending on the age, pre-MY11 you get 200PS.
From about June 2010 (MY11) you get 211PS but importantly, you get much better fuel economy with the later engine because it has the same 350Nm torque as the TDi.
This engine can be had in coupe and roadster forms.
You can have FWD in manual and S-tronic but you only get quattro with the S-tronic.

2.0 TTS is available in roadster and coupe, manual and S-tronic.

2.0TDi is available only in quattro, early cars are manual only, S-tronic became available in about June 2011.
Coupe and roadster available.

3.2V6 is available in coupe and roadster, manual and S-tronic.

2.5 TTRS is manual until 2011, when it was also available with a different 7-speed s-tronic gearbox (all other cars up to that point had been 6-speed).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,979 Posts
Someone has been doing their homework :roll:

:lol:
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top