Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Stage2 TTS coupe
1,949 Posts
Pretty car. Classic German racing silver :cool:(y)

Reactions: Ian-TTC and wsantos

·
Super Moderator
2007 3.2 VR6 Quattro Roadster
11,753 Posts
@ Ian-TTC - Welcome! :) You can't go wrong with the classic Audi silver for a Roadster!
You'll find this first post is a good read for new Roadster owners. When you going through the Roadster Compendium, pay special attention to the Roof Flap R&R as getting this done will avoid issues with the top later on. It's an easy DIY anyone can do. When you're ready to get into service & maintenance, the second post has a lot of points that are not covered in Audi's published maintenance intervals.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks very clean - any plans for it?
Plan to keep it stock, the car has a satnav radio and the sound wasn't the best so might look at that, but the car has all the toys I wanted, heated half leather seats cruise control, rear parking sensors, steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
2007 Audi TT Quattro 3.2 Manual Roadster Petrol Blue & Ice Blue Nappa
148 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice car, congrats!

Ive also been looking at aftermarket head units - not that I’m unhappy with my sat nav plus system & Bose, it just looks a bit dated in comparison to newer stuff available. My eye has been particularly drawn to this one but my wallet is screaming at the price!

Thanks steve, Alpine are great quality that unit looks very nice, maybe too large for me.
What I do need after thinking about it is a good quality roof cover as my car will be kept on my drive any recommendations ?

·
Super Moderator
11,753 Posts
@ Ian-TTC - There's a range of covers you can use from custom fitted specifically for the Mk2 to generic half-covers like the one I use. I'm currently in Bavaria and at -7°C, I'm using a 1.5m x 2m furniture pad between the top and the cover just to add some additional protection. So far, so good!
Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Grille

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@ Ian-TTC - There's a range of covers you can use from custom fitted specifically for the Mk2 to generic half-covers like the one I use. I'm currently in Bavaria and at -7°C, I'm using a 1.5m x 2m furniture pad between the top and the cover just to add some additional protection. So far, so good!
View attachment 480701
Hi Swiss I did read one of your previous posts with this link and I've made an order it should be with me on Monday Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
11,753 Posts
To minimize the elastic contact with the paint, pull the rear hook under the fender and then use the tail pipe as the rear anchor. For the front hook, a section of old bike inner tube secured to the inside of the front wheel well works great for the front anchor. If you're in an area that's subject to high winds, you can tuck the front edge under the wiper blades which I have had to do on a few occasions. I also used a couple of tarp anchors (see post) and a length of para-cord under the car to keep the sides down. You just have to double fold the cover on itself so the plastic anchors don't touch the car. I also found by folding the mirrors in the wind doesn't get up under the cover as much.
Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire

1 - 11 of 11 Posts