Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Fellow TT Forum Members,
I hope this finds you all doing well.
I'm looking to do a basic sound pipe mod which channels sound from the engine bay into the cabin. Has anyone had any luck doing this with a 2.0t? I watched a really nice video on youtube from a youtuber named ian gonzaga, who happens to be a ttforum member, who did this fantastically with his 6 cylinder mk2.

What im looking looking to do is a simple branch off from the intake pipe, post-maf and am wondering if anyone has been successful getting this to work. It looks like the 6 cylinder has the intake hardware available to make this work, but I haven't seen anything related to the 2.0t. I've attached pictures of the cutout which leads to the cabin and the post maf area where the branch for where the sound pipe would start if it helps. I hope everyone is having a great day!
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Black Auto part Technology Office equipment Font

·
Registered
2008 TTS
1,305 Posts
Don't bother..
In all seriousness, it is a waste of time, prefacelift TTS's come with these as standard.
They do next to nothing but add extra pointless pipework.
If you want more noise in any regard - grab an aftermarket air intake or exhaust

·
Premium Member
TTS 2010
58 Posts
Soundpipe/noise generator is basically a useless piece of piping. Allegedly new TTS 2011+ (or even 2010?) don't even have it. I removed mine and put a blank rubber ending on the diverter. In my case I want to reduce the extra engine noises as while tracking I'd rather hear the actual engine working not useless bells and whistles. If you want sound, invest in a downpipe mod.

·
Registered
490 Posts
LOL yeah most people that have this want to delete it. Have not heard of many people that want to add it to a car that doesn't have it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts