Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The radio switched itself off yesterday. It came on when I pressed the on button, but after a minute it did the same again and again. Then it worked for a while. [smiley=bigcry.gif]

I seem to have a bad electrical connection? Anyone had a similar fault? Can you suggest where I should start looking?

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wja96 said:
From threads I have seen previously, a defective ignition switch is the obvious starting point.
Thanks for your prompt response. I did hear a faint click coming from around there when the radio went off, but thought I was imagining it.

How would I go about fixing that? Please don't tell me I need to replace the ignition switch as I guess that would be very expensive. It is 1 month out of warranty. [smiley=bigcry.gif]

·
Registered
7,674 Posts
It's a well known problem. It's not wear and tear, or something that has just "gone wrong" over the course of time, it's something which is flawed and imho they should replace, warranty or not.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Strange thing is that its happened to alot of people during the hot weather......me included

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.