Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking to get spacers for the TT with the standard 18" 9 spoke alloys.

Does anyone have spacers with these alloys? Pic's please.

I'm thinking of 20mm at the back and 15mm at the front? or is that too much?
What are peoples thoughts?

Is there a certain brand i should go for? Don't really want to spend too much money on this.

Thanks
B. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,636 Posts
20 or 25 at the front (not sure, I've forgot :lol: ) and 30 at the back:



Edit:
whoops, didn't read that you need pics with 9 spokes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,138 Posts
2012-07-16 12.47.05.jpg
I went with 20mm rear and 15mm front spacers,bought from the TTshop,make are TPI bolt through.Excellent quality :D
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies, think i'm gonna go for 20mm rear and 15mm up front.

Has anyone heard of Hubcentric spacers? Are these any good or am i best getting H&R or Eibach? Price difference will be quite a bit i think.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,095 Posts
ive got some 20 rear 15 fronts sitting at home waiting to go on.... but i think i need to wait till i lower it before they go on... may look a little wide and high :s
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
829 Posts
Won't look wide and high on post facelift ride height. Haven't seen spacers on pre facelift height to be honest.

I have 15 front and 20 rear on post facelift springs and it looks spot on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,341 Posts
Borisp said:
Has anyone heard of Hubcentric spacers? Are these any good or am i best getting H&R or Eibach? Price difference will be quite a bit i think.
Hubcentric is the type of spacer you need, not the make. If you buy plain spacers you will get wheel wobble, with Hubcentric (perfectly central to the hub) you won't get any wheel wobble :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,095 Posts
:oops: mines pre facelift, but the only thing i havnt changed is the height... i believe after 03 they dropped them 25mm? mins a 2000 [smiley=bigcry.gif]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PeTTe-N said:
Borisp said:
Has anyone heard of Hubcentric spacers? Are these any good or am i best getting H&R or Eibach? Price difference will be quite a bit i think.
Hubcentric is the type of spacer you need, not the make. If you buy plain spacers you will get wheel wobble, with Hubcentric (perfectly central to the hub) you won't get any wheel wobble :wink:
Thanks, shows you how much i now :?

So has anyone bought spacers off ebay? Seen pairs for about £50 with bolts - is that about right and will they be decent?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,214 Posts
Borisp said:
Thanks for the replies, think i'm gonna go for 20mm rear and 15mm up front.

Has anyone heard of Hubcentric spacers? Are these any good or am i best getting H&R or Eibach? Price difference will be quite a bit i think.
I was thinking 15 rear and 10mm front with longer wheel bolts to suit I have a 2001 pre facelift car but dont want any chance of rubbing :!:

see ... rear

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300723937770?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

front

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150860193329?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,082 Posts
Photo0267.jpg
Photo0184.jpg

I tried 25 rear and 20 front but they rubbed so changed to 20 rear and 15 front...perfect now...
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,214 Posts
LordG71 said:
Hi B,

I have 20mm spacers all round, on Eibach springs. Full pics and comments in my thread

but here are a few to help:







LordG71

I have a pre facelift coupe with OEM springs

And was thinking about 20mm all round wheel spacers and saw this post

But have a couple of questions

(1) did you have to shorten your original wheel studs to use those spacers ?

(2) do the sides of the car get more dirty on wet muddy roads with the wheels out that far ?

(3) Where did you get the spacers saw these on eBay are they the same as yours ?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271024373426?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
(4) Do they improve the road holding handling in any noticeable way?

Thanks for your time :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,150 Posts
Stick to a good make spacer! They hold the wheels onto the car ;)

20mm rear 15mm front is the norm that people go for
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,638 Posts
I bought a set from the TT SHOP, not cheap but it comes with longer bolts including locking bolts, think they are 12 front and 15 rear, haven't fitted them yet as I'm awaiting my lowering springs and dampers to be delivered
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,214 Posts
KammyTT said:
Stick to a good make spacer! They hold the wheels onto the car ;)

20mm rear 15mm front is the norm that people go for
OK sounds good KammyTT

What make & type do you recommend

The type that 20 mm longer bolts are needed and go straight through alloy concentric


Or

The steel concentric ones that have a set of 5 short bolts to hub and then you use your original bolts to the spacer

I don't know what's the best ???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
470 Posts
I also have 20, 15mm back front and they are from the TTshop. The TPI spacers are really good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,150 Posts
I havent had both types of locating spacers so cant comment on best type im afraid.
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Top