Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
gwilson30019 said:
I was also wondering this.....It would be great to have a spare wheel. I wonder where the best place is to get a hold of one. :)
You will get a space saver wheel from your local VW dealer. The wheel itself is a 18" Mk5 Golf spacesaver.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
gwilson30019 said:
I was also wondering this.....It would be great to have a spare wheel. I wonder where the best place is to get a hold of one. :)
What I can't understand is why there is such a big void in my engine bay next to my 'compact' little 1.8TFSI engine and yet my battery is in the rear and, once again, I have no spare tyre and just a useless can of 'gunk' that it only good enough to rescue me from a small nail or tack!!! :) :wink: :wink:

G

·
gwilson30019 said:
have a look on ebay, thats where i got mine from if you want to save a bit on dealer prices.

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
35mphspeedlimit said:
gwilson30019 said:
What I can't understand is why there is such a big void in my engine bay next to my 'compact' little 1.8TFSI engine and yet my battery is in the rear and, once again, I have no spare tyre and just a useless can of 'gunk' that it only good enough to rescue me from a small nail or tack!!! :) :wink: :wink:
I wouldn't have thought there was anywhere you couldn't just walk home from? How big is that Island anyway?

The acres of space around my diesel engine is also a depressing reminder that it should have a V6 in there, but according to the technicians at Shark it makes it very easy to work in there.

The void that really drives me bonkers is the spare-wheel shaped one under the boot floor that isn't quite big enough for a spare wheel! Why not just give us a bigger boot? OK, it's fine for stuffing your emergency blanket, snow shovel etc. into, but why not a spare? My A4 allroad has a collapsible spare that you have to pump up, but at least it has a spare. I can't believe they are allowed to sell a car without a spare and I can't believe I bought one!

·
Registered
704 Posts

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Another discussion at length here:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=175940&hilit=space+saver

I added a space saver from a Mkv Golf GTi, complete with tool holder foam insert, which I got from Ebay for less than £60. Take out the LHS foam item from the TT boot, fit the space saver in the resulting well, rearrange the displaced tools etc. in the Golf tool holder, secure it all with a luggage strap, refit the boot floor, with suitable packing to level it about 20mm above normal and the job's a good 'un. Wouldn't be without it. Well worth doing IMO, even if you have to shell out for new wheel and tyre from VW.

I'll try to replace the picture, later.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
wja96 said:
The void that really drives me bonkers is the spare-wheel shaped one under the boot floor that isn't quite big enough for a spare wheel! Why not just give us a bigger boot? OK, it's fine for stuffing your emergency blanket, snow shovel etc. into, but why not a spare? My A4 allroad has a collapsible spare that you have to pump up, but at least it has a spare. I can't believe they are allowed to sell a car without a spare and I can't believe I bought one!
You can physically fit a spacesaver in the boot...but only once the left half of the foam has been removed and the right hand side trimmed down, it's a crazy idea by Audi, at least make the cut out big enough for a spacesaver so those that want one can buy one.

·
Registered
150 Posts
GlasgowEd said:
gwilson30019 said:
You will get a space saver wheel from your local VW dealer. The wheel itself is a 18" Mk5 Golf spacesaver.
Thats good to know, thanks! Would this be suitable as a spare even if my TT has 19" wheels? (sorry if that is a daft question) :)

·
Registered
547 Posts
gwilson30019 said:
GlasgowEd said:
gwilson30019 said:
Thats good to know, thanks! Would this be suitable as a spare even if my TT has 19" wheels? (sorry if that is a daft question) :)
I hope so, as I also have 19". I dont remember the tyre size that you need, but I will check later on and let you know.

G

·
gwilson30019 said:
GlasgowEd said:
gwilson30019 said:
yes its all to do with rolling circumference. i have 19"s with a golf spacesaver.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Tyre size I have is
T115/85R 18 96M

1 - 20 of 40 Posts