Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Right I've basically bought some wheels that need adaptors. I've bought the fronts and due to the offset it will roughly equate to the same as having 10mm spacers on the front with an 8j wheel.

Now the question is do I go with adaptors at the rear that would effectively be 20mm (40mm adaptors) or 25mm (45mm adaptors)....??

I originally thought the 20mm option but am swaying towards 25mm. Now I know it's only 5mm lol but am concerned the rear stance will be out of proportion to the front like that....

Cheers. :)

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I knew I should have left it at 'should I go for 20mm or 25mm rear spacers with 10mm at the front with an oem TT 8j wheel?' lol.

But let me elaborate. My offset of my new wheel is et54. Standard TT is et33-35.

My front adaptors are 30mm (paid a decent price hence this size - would have prefered bigger). Therefore giving an effective spacing on an 8j oem alloy of roughly 10mm.

I now need to buy some rear adaptors as well. The options are 40mm or 45mm giving an effective spacing compared to the standard wheel/offset combo of 20mm or 25mm.

Most people go fornt 15mm, rear 20mm or 25mm.

I'd prefer to go for the bigger 45mm adaptor but am worried that a 10mm front and 25mm rear stance (compared to standard) would look out of proportion.

Hope that explains. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts