Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Picked up my first TT on Firday and love it (Pictures will follow in the next week or so) but called Audi this morning to get a price on a spare key and they have quoted me £115 or £185 depending on what type of key i want. Does this sound about right on the costings?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yep. I've got a thread going at the moment about key frequencies for this reason. You can buy a key for around 30-40 pounds off eBay but you have to match the serial number and even then apparently there are different frequencies. I'm still trying to find out how you check these.

Once you buy the key it's easy to reprogram to suit your remote central locking and boot release but you'll have to get a dealer to add the immobiliser code to the car and get the key blade cut. Apparently it doesn't save you much in the long run if you're in the UK. I'm going to get a price in Australia tomorrow but I suspect key's over here will be $400-$500.

Cheers,

Phil

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.