Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will have my car remaped shortly so I would like to change the spark plugs first.
I have been looking at NGK iridium plugs.
Are these recomended for the TTS?

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
The NGK plugs seem to work well on any of the 2.0tfsi engines. I would stick to the standard heat range "7" plugs, the cooler running "8" heat range plugs seem to foul up quite easily.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
McKenzie said:
The NGK plugs seem to work well on any of the 2.0tfsi engines. I would stick to the standard heat range "7" plugs, the cooler running "8" heat range plugs seem to foul up quite easily.
Do you think its advisable to change them prior to a stage one map?

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
hugy said:
McKenzie said:
I never bothered changing plugs when my MK1 was remapped and had zero issues.

What gains are you expecting from a stage one Hugy?

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
hugy said:
McKenzie said:
In all honesty it depends on what mileage you have done with the current plugs. You can find older plugs may misfire when remapped if are getting a little tired. I think the Audi service for changing plugs is far too long, I end up changing plugs with no more than 15-20K. I found the plugs tend to get more fouled up than other types of engines would and could be worth it. they aren't a hugely pricey thing to replace so would prefer a healthier engine in my opinion, especially since the engine is being remapped and under more load and strains. Just my opinion of course but seems a bit of a no brainer for £30 odd quid every 15-20K miles.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WozzaTT said:
hugy said:
McKenzie said:
I never bothered changing plugs when my MK1 was remapped and had zero issues.

What gains are you expecting from a stage one Hugy?
I just want to make sure I don't get any misfires.

As for expected gains,I would be happy with 310bhp and a small torque increase :)

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
McKenzie said:
hugy said:
McKenzie said:
In all honesty it depends on what mileage you have done with the current plugs. You can find older plugs may misfire when remapped if are getting a little tired. I think the Audi service for changing plugs is far too long, I end up changing plugs with no more than 15-20K. I found the plugs tend to get more fouled up than other types of engines would and could be worth it. they aren't a hugely pricey thing to replace so would prefer a healthier engine in my opinion, especially since the engine is being remapped and under more load and strains. Just my opinion of course but seems a bit of a no brainer for £30 odd quid every 15-20K miles.
Thanks for the info,I think I will buy a set of NGK's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts