Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Think one of my driver door speakers has blown so I wondered what upgrade I could get for the speakers to go with my Audi concert stereo; Bose system or aftermarket?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,144 Posts
I got some Nakamichi speakers a while ago and have them being fitted next week, I got the idea from this thread,

The post link

They look very well made and since I had a dragon years ago (if you know, you will know) I trust they will be half decent!

The link to them on Amazon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well after speaking to a local stereo installer I've decided to go for some separate JL mids and tweeters, dynamat and install of my parrot mki9100 this weekend, so should be rocking by the end of the weekend! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
416 Posts
after the weekend thats what im doing. got all alpine stuff. but not to sure what to do with the rear subs keep or bin????, think they are 8 inch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
666 Posts
Had the JLs installed and already notice the difference even though they're only running of the headunit. Quick snap of the door card off, thought it looked quite good!
Only problem is the parrot only runs off the fronts and sound quality isn't as good as cd. Anyone amplified the parrot in a TT and run through the 6 speakers??
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345375012.351520.jpg
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,213 Posts
Yer i belive they all run off the bose amp, but how much is powers the speakers i dont jo the outputs of the amp or the standard bose speakers, i would imagin its not that great and i would of also thought the stock wiring will be shite compare to aftermarket stuff

Tom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
836 Posts
Did you get the C5-650's?, were they a straight swap? no probs? Im keen on them myself
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TT DWN UNDER said:
Did you get the C5-650's?, were they a straight swap? no probs? Im keen on them myself
no I had the TR650s installed, wasn't going for a big install, just an upgrade and they sound good. Only running off the headunit for now but will be amped at some point with some new rears.
Straight swap and no problems
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
406 Posts
I have fitted Infinity 16.5 cm components to my TTR and they were initially connected with no problems to the Audi HU, however they vibrated alot when the music was bassy so I took the door panels off and spent a day dynamatting the inside of the door panels insuring all the cables and wires were secured and not rattingly around (mine is 12 years old by the way) and refitted the doors and the sound is 100% better with no vibration.

Since doing that I have fitted 6 inch Infinity 2 ways in the parcel shelf of the TTR (a very difficult job), a 10 inch sub in the boot, 2 Infinity amps in the boot and a Kenwood KT 626 DVD HU - all s/h from ebay. With the 2 amps the sound qulaity is vastly improved and the volume is amazing even with the roof down at 7-80 mph on the motorways
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,144 Posts
Stub said:
I got some Nakamichi speakers a while ago and have them being fitted next week, I got the idea from this thread,

The post link

They look very well made and since I had a dragon years ago (if you know, you will know) I trust they will be half decent!

The link to them on Amazon
Put these in today and I am very happy with the sound, brighter and more detailed, good call who ever pointed me this way :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
416 Posts
took my bose system out today. they are 2 ohms each so is the tweeter so do not use any other speaker apart from comps or 2 way as long as you cut the tweeter wire it has a resistor fot the tweeter. i think the rears are 4 ohms tho. totally striped mine today used 7 sheets or dynomat on the door and where the rears are also going to do the boot floor and lid.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,144 Posts
jamie408 said:
took my bose system out today. they are 2 ohms each so is the tweeter so do not use any other speaker apart from comps or 2 way as long as you cut the tweeter wire it has a resistor fot the tweeter. i think the rears are 4 ohms tho. totally striped mine today used 7 sheets or dynomat on the door and where the rears are also going to do the boot floor and lid.
Really?? I thought mine said they were about 5.5 ohms or something like that, and from looking the wiring the fronts look like they are wired in parallel so would be 3 ohms (ish) together?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
416 Posts
Stub said:
jamie408 said:
took my bose system out today. they are 2 ohms each so is the tweeter so do not use any other speaker apart from comps or 2 way as long as you cut the tweeter wire it has a resistor fot the tweeter. i think the rears are 4 ohms tho. totally striped mine today used 7 sheets or dynomat on the door and where the rears are also going to do the boot floor and lid.
Really?? I thought mine said they were about 5.5 ohms or something like that, and from looking the wiring the fronts look like they are wired in parallel so would be 3 ohms (ish) together?
what i saw on the back was 6.5.2ohms. just had to get them out the bin. both 2 ohms woofer wise
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,425 Posts
Did you install these to blank out my voice on our trip to the ring in 2 weeks? :roll: :lol:
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top