Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all that read this..

I have just aquired quite a loud dry squeak. that does`nt appear to be coming from any of the corners, it sounds like its coming from somewhere along the center under the car, it only does it over speed bumps and dips in the road, if i bounce up and down on the suspension, there is no sound , hence why i dont think it`s anything to do with the corners,
any ideas, are there any rubber bushes or the like that could be on there way out..
cheers

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
could somebody tell me what rubber bushes there are under the TT, i know there are ball joints, but are there any others.
could do with a list so i can start getting them changed, is there any on the drive shafts,
thanks

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
my guess is it is the front ARB bushings. OEM are rubber over a plastic center on the arb. the plastic center can separate from the bar and has been know to cause squeaks.

see my fotki (link in sig) for front ARB bushing replacement. my oem were 20mm, I removed the plastic and replaced with 19mm bushing.

cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.